Chapter twelve-Now....we wait

"Mr Brixton, nice to meet you. I'm Dr Franston. Please, take a seat."

My dad shook his head. He'd just arrived at the hospital after I decided to call him and tell him what was going on. He was luckily still on his way to the other police department for his trip when I'd called so he turned around and came as fast as he could. It was later in the night-almost morning time-and he'd arrived around 10 minutes ago.

Worry was all over his face. I knew it was worry for mum, worry for me, worry for what would happen. He knew, from what I'd told him, that she'd been drugged with Rohypnol earlier and we'd come home and found her unconscious. I told him she was still breathing on her own to ease the stress of of him but it didn't seem to work. I could only wonder what he was thinking about. I, however, tried to stay positive because I'd had my fair share of crying and I think my tears were all dried out, although it was proving hard...nearly impossible. I knew she'd be okay. The doctors had stabilised her and taken a bunch of tests and said she was okay for now. So I clung onto hope for dear life.

Nick and Xzavier were sat in the room with me still. A few hours ago Xzavier had called his parents informing them about the situation and they, as expected, were shocked but mostly worried, very worried. They seemed to settle down after he told them she wasn't exactly dead, but she was still unconscious and had been for the majority of the day. They told him to come home when he could because they understand that he wanted to be there for me. They'd also said they'd send up a prayer for us and pay a visit sometime tomorrow. Hopefully she'll be up by then.

Nick however didn't have anyone to call exactly, he'd refused to call Cathy mainly because he insisted she had something to do with this. So he stayed with me the whole night so far, and promised to never leave my side...his words were slowly making me feel better.

"No, no I don't want to take a seat. Dr Franston." He inhaled quietly " thank you but I'm fine. Explain to me.. Is she going to be okay I heard very briefly what's happened. I need to know more about all this " my dad tried to sound calm. "What drug has she ingested?"

"Rohypnol. Its an illegal drug in some countries and can be deadly. However looking at the tests we took. It doesn't seem to be evident that she willingly took the drugs. Unless of course it was suicide she was attempting..."

"Suicide?!"

The doctor jumped and widened his eyes in surprise "Mr Brixton please. Yes, suicide. But from what I gather, from your daughter here," he gestured to me as I sat in the chair by mums bed "Mrs Brixton doesn't seem like she had any reason to want to commit suicide"

"She isn't suicidal" I interrupt, sounding emotionless.

Both males turn and look at me but I focused back on my mum.

"Yes, so that means someone done it"

"W- what do you mean. Who done this?" My dads facial expression turned from concern to anger.

"We don't know that, the police are still trying to find that out and they should get back to us all very soon"

"Tomorrow, 10am. They said the results will be ready by then. They'll give us a call." I said.

"Oh good" my dad sighed. "I'll check in on them, see what they've found.

Dr Franston gave my dad a strange look. " Um sir they said they'd get bac-"

"I am the police. Its my job"

"I see. Look we are doing everything we can. The drugs she has in her system got there through alcohol, she was drinking and we say it was dissolved into her drink. Which makes the effect that much worse." Dr Franston said. Earning a look from my Dad " I'm just trying to be realistic here. I just want everyone to start thinking about things properly, Mrs Brixton is lucky to be alive and breathing on her own. This is something we've never seen before. Usually drug overdosed patients are worse than this. This is some type of miracle that she's even stable. We do intend to keep her that way. We just hope she won't get worse"