Chapter fourteen-Home time

"Why is it so freakin' cold!" Nick complained.

"Because we're in England, and we're basically in the middle of December." I explained rolling my eyes.

I heard Nick murmur something under his breath, while pulling the sleeves on his black leather jacket down to shield some of his hands from the warmth, it sounded like more complaining but I didn't bother ask what he said as I was trying to keep warm myself. I bought my hands around my mouth and breathed on them to keep them from freezing and eventually falling off. I probably shouldn't have left my gloves at home I thought to myself.

We had drove from college in our cars to the hospital to visit my mum and we were walking through the parking lot. It had taken some time for us to find a parking space because nearly everywhere was taken, but we eventually found a space quite far from the actual building and settled there even though it wasn't exactly an ideal parking space considering the distance we had to walk.

It had been four days since mum woke up and it'd been confirmed that she was healthy but not enough to go home and the doctors needed to be sure she was okay. However, today she would be going home, so we were here to say hello seeing as I'd like to see her before we all get home as Dad will be driving her home in his car.

"DC Samuels is coming today" Nick scared me after moments of silence.

"Yeah I know. He's going to talk to Mum again" I fixed my hat on my head.

"When is the court date? Did he say?"

"No I think he's gonna discuss that today. What about you? Has he told you when he's gonna take you in for questioning?"

Nick sighed slightly "Yeah, its today." He paused "we'll go back home when we're done the visit to your mum... then he'll drive me downtown"

I just hummed in response. Its nothing to worry about Layla

We finally reached the doors to the building. And Nick opened them

"Ladies first" he winked.

I rolled my eyes, smiling and walked inside, the warmth of the reception area was welcoming and I instantly unzipped my coat and took of my black beanie hat. And shoved it in my large coat pocket.

"Do you want a coffee? Or something" Nick asked me as he also unzipped his jacket.

"No thanks, I had one before we came here"

"Alright, well I'm going to grab one from the vending machine quickly"

"I'll wait here" I said, then he left to head to the area of the nestcafé machine. I walked over to take a seat on the row of chairs a few feet beside me. The reception was mostly empty just a few people sat down in different places. One person on their phone and three others reading magazines whilst about two were doing nothing but sitting and waiting.

Suddenly my phone went off indicating I received a text message. I pulled my phone out my handbag and tapped in the pin code to unlock it and the text was from Xzavier. I pressed into it to receive a picture of him and his cat. He was at home with his siblings looking after them for a while.