It's Not MY Fault...So Busted

James cleared his throat, and everyone brought their attention back onto the boys.

"I would like to introduce myself and my fellow brothers". He took a step forward and grinned. "James Potter, Marauder extraordinaire, also known as Prongs" and he bowed.

Eyes widened and gasps were heard.

"Myself, Sirius Black, best looking of the Marauders and also known as Padfoot" he grinned and bowed also. "Oh, and I was the one who kicked you, Mr Old me" he added sending a wink towards Sirius and Remus whose jaws dropped.

"Hey! Don't take all the credit. It was my idea" James added loudly.

Remus then stepped forward,

"Name's Remus Lupin, brain of the Marauders, resident werewolf of Hogwarts; but you all probably know that already. I'm also known as Moony and err" he hesitated looking at Remus; who raised an eyebrow at him, "and err, I was the one that tripped you, heh" he laughed nervously.

The small smile that had formed on Remus' face vanished and was replaced with a scowl.

Then Peter stepped forwards. He was shaking slightly and looked generally afraid,

"I'm P-Peter P-P-Pettigrew. I- I'm g-good at ge-getting out of t-t-trouble and I'm c-called W-Wormtail a-a-as well"

No-one said anything to that. Peter was given a lot of angry looks. Mostly from Remus and Sirius. The Marauders all noticed this and stepped forward to stand beside their friend.

There was an awkward silence while everyone took in the shock. It was broken by Mad-eye Moody who ultimately drew his wand and poined it at the four young boys,

"And how do we know that your not some death eater kids sent here to infiltrate our headquarters. How did you even get inside?"

The four Marauders looked more confused than scared. They realised they'd be in trouble, but they did not expect to have a want pointed at someone who looked like he'd escaped from the sociopath ward in St. Mungo's. And why were they being referred to as Death Eater kids. Yes Sirius was a Black but he'd also been disowned. He was nothing like his family, and James' dad was fighting against the people who were called Death Eaters. He wasn't just going to go and be one of them.

Sirius huffed, and puffed out his chest. He was not going to stand around and be called a death eater, and he wouldn't let his friends be referred as them either.

"We are not Death Eaters for your information. We just travelled through time. I am him" Sirius pointed at his older self "just more handsome, and he is him" he pointed first at Remus and then at the older Remus, "just shorter and more mature, looking at that very childish incident". 

Remus opened his mouth to say something when he was interrupted,

"YOUR THE MARAUDERS?" Fred and George yelled from the doorway, staring at the Marauders in awe.

They then turned to their ex professor and Sirius, with broad grins on their faces. "Professor Lupin?" Fred asked.

George carried on, "Who would have thought?-

"A teacher-

"A convict-

"Marauders?" they said together.