Chapter Eight

:D Here we go!!

-SweetestHeart-

Vote. Fan. Comment. 

Eight

                Over the next few days, the relationship between Leon and me was quite rocky with a few tears, from me, and arguments spewing between us both because of me being held there against my own will. Also, that Leon didn't want me to go shopping, with the girls, because he wanted, selfishly, to take me out for the day since he had 'already organised it'. I didn't end up going with him because I was so annoyed with him and ended up locking myself in the bedroom, since I wasn't exactly going to go out with the girls in the town. However, every night, we always ended up in the same bed as each other and slept peacefully in each other's arms.

                "So, what are your plans for today?" Caroline questioned as she prepared breakfast in the kitchen. I was up early, which wasn't unusual, whilst Leon was still asleep upstairs along with the majority of the household. There weren't too many people living in the household, just Leon's sixteen year-old sister, Tracie, who had been staying at her friend's house 'as she usually does' and Cassie had decided to move in until I'd got settled properly.

                "I'm not sure," I shrugged, helping her make the pancakes by making more mix, "I want to see some of the town since Cassie tells me it has quite a bit of history."

                "Yes, you should visit the town hall," Caroline smiled, "Leon knows a lot about it, so maybe you should take him."

                As much as I didn't want to, I nodded anyway because I knew it upset her how I wasn't so 'in love' with Leon as she wanted me to be. I was about to mention that I might invite Cassie to come along when Cassie bounced in the kitchen followed by a gloomy looking Tracie. Cassie greeted us both whilst Tracie grunted and took a seat at the breakfast bar. She looked like she hadn't slept a wink and like she wanted to stay in bed longer.

                "I hope you're thinking about getting dressed," Caroline spoke to Tracie, "school soon."

                "Don't you think I know that?" Tracie rolled her eyes and I felt like smiling since she reminded of my little sister and a little bit like myself, when I was her age, "anyway, what's the point of school? It's not like I'm going to college or anything."

                "You still need school to get by in life," Caroline rolled her eyes humorously, "I went to school-"

                "-And, you're now cooking and baking for a man who is lying in bed with a headache," Tracie replied snidely, "mom, what did school do for you?"

                "I'll have you know that I went to college," Caroline argued, though she didn't raise her voice and I had a feeling that Caroline was going to win the fight, like mom's mostly do.

                "You dropped out second year," Tracie answered back.

                "Because I fell in love with your father," Caroline told her and Tracie gave that 'I'm not that stupid' look to her before her eyes landed on me. Tracie's eyes formed into a short glare before she looked down at the table.

                "I didn't go to college, y'know," I pointed out to Tracie. Cassie smiled at me, from beside her, and nodded, so I continued, "my mom and dad always wanted me to go, but I went against their wishes I decided to go travelling instead."

                "Yeah?" Tracie looked up and rolled her eyes at me, "and, where did that get you, huh? Do you need school to go travelling?"