Chapter Four

Sorry for the delay, hope you enjoy this chapter!! It's getting so exciting!!

-SweetestHeart-

Vote. Comment. Fan.

Chapter Four

                It was nice to feel like I fit in somewhere for once. Since leaving home, I haven’t really fit in anywhere. The French didn’t really take a liking to me, the Italian’s hit on me, the English didn’t really want an American around them and the Australian’s made fun of my accent. I suppose I’d been trying so hard to fit in somewhere, that I actually didn’t really fit anywhere but my own country. In fact, the only place I fit perfectly was in the arms of Leon Wolfe, but I knew I needed to stop thinking about him. It had been two years, remember. I don’t even think anyone would think about someone they met that long ago as much as I did. I had to remember that it was just a one night stand, well, so I make it seem now.

                Allie and Adam had welcomed me into their home with open arms and I’d become good friends with Allie within the space of a day. If anything, I’d felt like I’d known them both forever, when really I had never met them any time before I met Adam. The party was a mere few hours away and Allie was making me help her make a big cake for him, which we would have to take up to the house soon after it was made. Allie was a good cook, as for me, I wasn’t so good. I recall making a cake once when I was fifteen for my dad and it went completely wrong. I’m sure my dad got food poisoning for like a week or something.

                “I can’t believe how nervous Adam is,” Allie chuckled, shaking her head whilst she spread a chocolate icing over the first layer on the cake, “you’d think he was getting married.”

                I smiled. “Well, hasn’t Lee been gone for like two months?”

                “Yeah,” she nodded, “he’s been helping run the town and I think he’s scared that Lee will think everything was being done so badly. At least he can enjoy his party first.”

                “So, it’s a birthday slash welcome back party?” I asked her, wiping my chocolaty hands on the apron I was wearing.

                “Exactly,” she answered, “he told his mom that he was only coming back for his birthday before he goes away again. He’s going to be in for a surprise, I tell you.”

                I cocked my head to the side. “So, he’s only coming back for cake and presents before he leaves again?”

                She looked over at me and then back at the cake. “We’re going to bribe him to stay, don’t you worry. He’s been all over the US, staying with different people he knows, looking for this girl that he’s completely in love with.”

                My eyes widened and then I grinned. “Aww, that’s so romantic.”

                “Yeah, but he can’t find her anyway,” she looked at me, “he’s been looking for a few years now.”

                “I thought he was away for two months?” I asked, confused. I made myself busy by starting to clean the work surfaces whilst she applied more chocolate to the cake.