Chapter Two

Hello!!

So, here's another chapter. Please vote! I put it into Watty Awards, but I highly doubt it'll get far. My books never do!

Vote. Comment. Fan

-SweetestHeart-

P.S. Thinking about a cast list? Write your sugs.

- 20 votes equals next chapter -

Chapter Two

                “I bet you could sleep for the world,” Adam joked as we climbed out of his vehicle at a shopping mart that was in a small town not too far away from Spokane. “The amount of times I tried waking you...”

                “Oh, shush,” I rolled my eyes at him, “I’m tired; I don’t sleep all that much.”

                “Sleep problems?”

                “No, just unusual places I tend to sleep,” I replied with a shrug. We were walking across the deserted car park, at this point, towards the doors. “When you’ve got no money, you have to sleep in the rough.”

                “Maybe you should invest in a tent,” he suggested, scratching his arm with his hand, “might be a good idea, you know?’

                “My bag is full,” I informed him, putting my hands into my pockets, “so, what’s a guy like you doing out in the middle of nowhere?”

                “Stuff for the boss,” he replied as we entered the building, “research.”

                “What? Do you work for a forest research company?” I joked.

                He punched my arm lightly. “You’re hilarious.” He rolled his eyes. “I was camping there because I needed a break... did you grab a basket?”

                “I thought you’d grab one!” I argued in a huff and walked back to the door to get a shopping basket before pushing it back in before me. I followed him until we got to the candy aisle where he stood, I’m not joking, looking at the chocolates like a fat kid who just got fifty selection boxes for Christmas.

                “My girlfriend is going to kill me,” he mumbled as he picked up two packets of Reese’s Pieces and placed them into the basket.

                “You have a girlfriend?” I raised my eyebrows.

                “You sound shocked,” he chuckled, looking at me, “did you think I was single? I can assure you that I wouldn’t go after you anyway.”        

                I sighed dramatically. “Damn, I really hoped you would.”