Chapter Ten

It's the final chapter! Enjoy :) thank you for reading my novella, my lovelies.

Chapter Ten

Finale

Leon kept to his word on taking me to my old town and we packed up a few things, said goodbye and headed onto the road. It was a long journey, in my eyes, we stopped off for the night in some town before heading on again, then we passed the sign for 'Bluebell Heights'. Leon was quiet as we drove towards my house using the GPS; I'm not sure what he was thinking, but I could tell he was worried about the reception we'd receive from my family.

When we pulled up in the driveway, we both sat there quietly until I saw the curtains in the upstairs open and my sister peek out, "that's Jamie."

He nodded and climbed out of the car with me following on the same side. I really wanted to question his attitude, but the door swung open and my little sister came running out, screaming in excitement, before she engulfed me in her arms- she was a lit taller than me and she seemed so much more grown up, "you're here! I can't believe it, I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too, Jamie," I grinned as we separated and she looked up at Leon, raised her eyebrows and then giggled, looking at me.

"I see you bagged a hot man," she pointed out, aiming her thumb at Leon. I smiled, had I been a female werewolf, I would've probably been furious, but, as a human, I knew that Leon was mine no matter what, jealousy hardly came into it.

Leon put his arm around my waist protectively and held out his hand, "my name's Leon."

"I know," she laughed and shook his hand in a joking way, "the name's Jamie, Coral's little sister, though I think Coral's the shorter one here."

"Hey!" I glared and smacked her on top of her head lightly. She put her hands on top of her head and Leon laughed, but I knew he was laughing at the fact that she'd made a short joke about me. I wasn't that short, I was average height, in my world.

"Are you coming in?" She asked, nodding to the house, "mom isn't home and, boy, is she going to get a shock when she sees you and your beau."

"We're not staying long," Leon told her, seemingly already eager to get out of town.

"A few days at max," I added when I saw my sisters upset face, though I felt Leon's hand tighten around my waist. No doubt he thought we were staying for a day, "I live with Leon now, it's a done deal. I'll be packing up and leaving."

"But, you just got back!" She cried, stomping her feet. Then again, maybe she wasn't as 'grown up' as I thought she was. "You can't leave me here."

"You have school," I answered and started walking towards the house, "we'll sort something out for summer, I promise. There are a lot of good looking, single boys where we live."

Definitely the wrong thing to say as Leon growled; his grip even tighter than before. When I winced, he loosened it, but his hold was still firm. If I had to say one thing that annoys me about werewolves was that they were overprotective at stupid times.

We entered the familiar house and I noticed that nothing had really changed. The photos of us all as a family were gone, but there were still pictures of mom, Jamie and me around. The hallway was painted creme rather than the horrible pink it had been for a long time, but the awful tartan carpet still remained. Who has tartan carpets? I reckon Leon was thinking the same thing too. Jamie lead us to the unchanged, white kitchen and we took a seat at the wooden table as Jamie cleaned up her mess

"It's so quiet here," I spoke up, looking around. Maybe it was because no longer was my dad lazing around, listening to Bob Dylan on his CD player.

"Yeah, it is," Jamie agreed. Leon wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into him, laying his head upon my own, "it was so weird when mom and dad got divorced; I really wanted to go with dad, but he wanted me to finish school before I decide what to do."

"He's right," I nodded. Jamie stopped and looked at Leon and me before going back to cleaning.

"I wonder what dad would say if he found out you have a boyfriend," Jamie pondered, disposing of some bits in the trash, "he'll probably question Leon left, right and centre."

"Maybe, but I'm not letting her go," Leon replied and kissed my head, "we're going to be together for a long, long time."

I blushed and smiled at that, leaning into him more. Jamie looked a little starstruck before grinning and continuing her cleaning, "well, mom will be happy. Not sure what she'll say when she finds out you're not staying here though... Where did you two meet?"

"Long story," I answered, feeling a little hot at the reason. I mean, we did meet in a bar and end up entangled in the bed sheets on a romantic night in Paris, but she didn't need to know that. "Have you got a boyfriend?"

"No," she shook her head, "you wouldn't let me anyway."

"I would, I would just talk to him and ask what he wants with you," I grinned and Leon chuckled.

"Maybe you'll meet someone in my town," Leon spoke and I elbowed him lightly. He faked a wince, "what was that for?"

"So, can I come stay with you guys?" Jamie's eyes lit up and I almost awed at her cute expression.

"For the summer," I told her with a nod, though that wasn't actually decided. "You'll like it there, plus I've got a few road trips planned."

I looked at Leon and he raised his eyebrows at me. "When was this all planned?"

"I just decided," I shrugged. Bu the look on Jamie's face, she was so happy that she'd be able to come and stay with me, "look, I'm going to start packing some stuff up."

"But, you're here for a couple of days, right?" Jamie pouted.

"Yes," I nodded, "but, I'm pretty sure it's going to take a day to pack and I like to do it in parts."

Jamie was happy with that and Leon followed me up to my old room, as I gave him a small tour. Jamie stayed downstairs watching TV, whilst I did what I needed to do. Leon perused my large room, looking at some photos on my bedside table- it was very obvious that my mom had been cleaning.

"Why'd you leave?" Leon asked as I pulled out an old suitcase and opened it.

"Small town," I shrugged, "all my friends went to college; all except one. My friend, Arnie, went backpacking to Asia and has been there all this time. We were the travellers in high school; no one else went, except Casey Miller, who was two years above us." I paused and opened one of my draws full of a lot of papers. "And, my parents, I guess. Everything was falling to pieces and I just wanted to escape, so I went away and saw the most amazing places."

Leon came to sit behind me and put his arms around me. "You're making the right decision coming back here."

"You think?" I asked, leaning into him.

"You can see it as a closure of sorts," he kissed my cheek, "ready to begin your next life."

"With you," I blushed and turned around to face him. Our foreheads leant against each others.

"With me."