Chapter 8: Omatsuri

A/N: the meaning of the title is "festival"

-
[Y/N's POV]

I was on my way to the fireworks festival. This probably wouldn't feel such a drag if he was here with me. This would've been fun. I thought as I dragged my feet towards the destination.

I've met some known faces on my way and tagged along. "Soooo, any progress? What happened to the 'cuddle you as much as you want' ?" Ino asked as we walked with our yukata.

"It rained when it happened so it was perfect for cuddling." I started and explained the rest.

Ino squealed. "You know, your love might actually bloom!"

I awkwardly laughed. "I don't know about that."

"Why?"

"Because I was supposed to go here with him." I told him.

Ino's fangirling face turned irritated. "That bastard! I'm gonna give him a word about this. He can't just leave a girl alone!" She clenched her fist.

"It's okay, though. I'll just meet him in there. He might just have a reason for going first." I tried to defend him.

"Well, if you say so." She calmed down. "Oh, we're here. I'm supposed to meet with Sakura here. I'll have to leave you now."

"Have fun." I smiled. As she left, I started to wander around the food stands and the usual games you see in festivals.

As I was strolling while searching for a certain man in this sea of crowd, I heard a familiar bark and someone called. "Y/N! I knew it was you! Glad to see you here!"

"Kiba! Akamaru!" I called back, petting the usual energetic huge dog. "I'm guessing it was the scent?" I asked.

They nodded. You see, these two can tell each person's scent and they told me, for some reason, I smelled like a dog even though I'm not an Inuzuka. This leads to Akamaru liking me even more. "Hmm? You're not with Shikamaru?"

I shook my head. "Well, he's supposed to be here with me. He left a note that he's here but I can't find him at all."

"I'm pretty sure I grasped his smell a while ago but I can't tell it anymore with all these delicious food I'm smelling."

"It's okay. I'll eventually find him." I smiled.

"You can hang out with us if you'd like. You look so bored when we found you." He brightly smiled and Akamaru barked.

"Alright, alright. But you have to treat me!" I challenged him.

"Deal! I have a few questions to ask you anyway." He said.

"This suits him so well." I smiled excitedly as I grabbed on a deer faced mask.

"Young lady, would you like to buy the female version of that deer mask? For you and your boyfriend." Said the old man as he looked at Kiba.

Kiba denied what the old man said and realized that he was an Inuzuka. "Perhaps, it is for one of the Nara Clan?" The old man guessed.

My cheeks started to turn red and despite the darkness of the night, the light in his stall made it crystal clear. "H-He's only someone I owe though!" I tried to hide the feelings of embarrassment.

"Hmm? Aren't you dating Shikamaru?" Kiba asked.

This made my cheeks redder than ever. "W-what are you saying!? We're not dating! W-we're just friends! There's no way in a million years that'll happen." I looked down as I deny hard as possible.

Kiba looked at me with wide eyes. "I've always thought you guys are dating!" He exclaimed as we started walking away from the stall. "I mean, you two are always together! Everyone thought you were dating."

"I know that! But didn't that rumor died when he started hanging out with Temari-san?" I asked him with hint of jealousy.

"Really? Some of us think they're just friends although, you're quite right. They've been hanging out lately these days. Usually, you would be the one he's hanging out with. That's strange, indeed." He rambled on.

"Maybe she's not that troublesome that's why he hangs out more with her than me." I nervously chuckled.

"You like him, don't you?" Kiba suddenly asked out of nowhere. This caused my cheeks to glow up with red tint. "Ah. Bullseye." Akamaru woofed.

"I actually plan on doing something when I find him here—"

"Oh. My teammates are here. Sorry, Y/N. I gotta go!" Kiba dismissed as Shino and Hinata approaches.

"Good evening, Y/N-san." Hinata and Shino greeted.

I waved a hand as a hello to the two. "Good evening!" I smiled.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay alone? We could all search for Shikamaru." Knowing that these three's specialty are for searching people, I wanted to ask for help.

"No, it's okay. I can find him." I reassured them. Once they bid goodbye, they disappeared in the sea of crowd. I stopped by a takoyaki food stand to get some food.

I've been walking around the place and I've decided to rest my feet for a while. There's a bench near this place and you just have to cross the small bridge to get there. I think it's also a good place to see the fireworks since it's out of the crowd.

But you know, some decisions that you think would benefit you are good decision, most of them turns out to be bad.

I've seen who I've been looking for for the entire time as I walked towards the benches. But he wasn't alone. Of course, he's wasn't.

He was with the girl he likes. And, I think the feelings are mutual.

A tear fell from my eye once I realised what they were doing. The things I bought for him fell on the ground once I realised what they were doing.

And the same burning feeling from my heart bursted like flame. It hurts. What is this feeling?

Tears wouldn't stop from streaming down my face as I watched them kissing.

I screamed. "AHHHH!!!" And, screamed.

Everyone's attention turned to me. Even him and his girl.

The scream continued and it turned into a beastly growl.

It was too late for him to stop me.

—————
Chapter 8's here!

Hope you liked it!

Reirin xx