Chapter 17: Sanbi da! Sanbi!

"Hey, Deidara-kun!" I called out to him for the nth time. Tobi has been snickering behind us.

Deidara-kun has been ignoring me the whole ride and I don't even know the reason.

Tobi's snickering has led me to ask him instead. "Tobi! What's up with that? Can someone fill me up please?"

"Because Deidara-senpai is jea— OUCH!" Tobi has been cut off by Deidara-kun by punching him on the head. "It hurts, senpai!"

"Jea?" I questioned.

"Stop asking, Y/N." A pissed off Deidara-kun told us.

I frowned and sat on his clay bird.

-

Weeks passed after the incident of Hidan vs. Shikamaru-kun. News flashes like lightning. I heard that they were defeated and Asuma-sensei died.

To think that their team would be defeated with Shikamaru-kun being in that team.

I frowned as I think about it. How exactly did Hidan outsmarted Shikamaru-kun? Maybe he didn't. Maybe he was just lucky that Shikamaru-kun wasn't entirely his opponent.

He land his clay bird. "Why are we landing?" I asked as I noticed earth's ground's approaching us.

"We'll walk. I think it'll be easier to find the three tails that way, un." He said as he hopped off his clay bird. "Also, we'll continue your walking in wolf form, un."

I frowned. "Fine." I started to shift myself into my wolf form and catch up on to them.

After an eternity of walking, Tobi saw a dango restaurant. "Look at that, senpai! That place has dangos!"

"I'm totally beat!" He ran off towards the Dango restaurant. Deidara's peaceful look turned pissed off.

He started to stride towards the restaurant and I shifted back to my human form. Clothes still intact. Figuring out that I kind of like the style, they gave me a similar style. The only difference was since these clothes were stretchable, it was kind of sticking to my skin.

"You're seriously a carefree guy." He said, looking pissed off at Tobi.

"But, senpai! We're looking for a tailed beast but we have no idea where it is." I sat beside Deidara-kun. "Which one is it again?"

"Three tails! Three!" Deidara-kun answered irritatedly. I chuckled beside him.

"Ichibi, nibi, I am Tobi." Tobi joked. I laughed.

Deidara-kun glared at us, looking so irritated. "What? It was funny!" I defended.

The dangos arrived and Tobi started eating them. Deidara-kun and I were staring intently at him. "You are curious, too, Deidara-kun?" I whispered at him.

He nodded. But, unfortunate for us, when Tobi started his first stick of dangos, he turned away and when he was finished, he mask was back.

"Senpai! Senpai!" He called. "Look! Look!" He pointed out something inside the store with his stick. We turned out heads towards the item. "That's exactly like your artwork, isn't it?"

Deidara-kun glanced at the item with intense eyes. I actually thought the item was kind of cute.

"Could it be that your works of art are...are cheap rip off?"

I burst out laughing. Tobi ran off in a speed of light. "You piece of shit...I'll blast you to hell!" My stomach has started to hurt from laughing.

"Poor Tobi." I laughed. "To be quite honest, it was cute and so are your art, Deidara-kun." I smiled.

"Stop tolerating him, Y/N, un." He stood up, completely ignoring what I have said.

"Wai— Deidara-kun!" He grabbed some money from his pocket and paid the dangos. "You don't have to get mad at me!" I frowned.

He sighed heavily. "Sorry, Y/N, un." He apologized. "But even so, I'm not gonna forgive you!" He pointed at Tobi.

Tobi shrieked and sighed in defeat.

-

"I'm hiding my face but not my butt." Tobi attempted to lighten the mood. I was watching him the whole time and, I tell you, trying to suppress your laughter is not healthy.

Deidara-kun is no fun at all. He gets all pissed off by the slightest joke of Tobi and it gets amplified when I laugh at him.

I didn't want another person hating me. Especially not Deidara-kun. He's the only one who doesn't entirely hate me.

When Tobi saw that he was ignored by Deidara-kun, he proceeded to the next tree. "I'm a schoolgirl in love with her senpai!"

I couldn't contain my laughter and it slipped out of my mouth. "How come you don't find this funny, Deidara-kun?" I wiped off the tears that spilled out of my eyes because of laughing.

"Are you still mad at me?" He asked. "Let's just be friends and find the three tails together!"

Deidara-kun finally turned his attention to Tobi but only to tell him to piss off. "But if we don't do our job, all the other senpai will start picking on us. Please forgive me!"

"Really, Deidara-kun. He was joking."

"I told you to piss off." He said and started to turn to the left side of the road.

"Hey, senpai! If you continue like that, I might actually leave! Ah, I guess it can't be helped." He said and started going the opposite way.

"Wai—" I honestly didn't know where to go.

"Go with him if you find him fun to hang out with, un." Deidara-kun said towards me with malice.

"Wha—no, I'll go with you. You're the one who trains me!" I ran towards him. Once I catch up, I asked him, "is that really alright?"

"He'll be back if he finds something, un." He continued to stride.

-

We were blindly walking all around the forest. From time to time, we trained. Most of the time, I find Deidara-kun kind of weird.

Is it because he likes me? Why would he even like someone like me?

Or is it because we're all alone in a forest and he has feelings for me?

My wolf ears appeared out of nowhere, replacing my human ones as well as my tail. It increases my sense of hearing and smell.

I have also learned the technique of smelling someone else like Kiba and Akamaru.

No matter how far Deidara-kun goes, I could always smell his scent of clay. It was a weird experience to learn something like this but when I suddenly caught the smell of certain someone, it actually made me feel like I wish I hadn't learn this.

It was mixed with the smell of someone I do not like.

—————
YAAAS. Another one!!!

I just love those jokes of Tobi. I literally laugh my ass out when I watched that episode. 😂😂😂😂

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this!

Reirin xx