Chapter 5: Sunagakure no Sato

"Shikamaru-kun! Ino! Chouji! Wake up!!" Y/N chirped.

Shikamaru groaned as usual. "You're so noisy, Y/N. We're up." He clicked his tongue as he opens his beautiful chocolate eyes.

As soon as everyone set out for the journey, they started to save some time by speeding up. Hopping from tree to tree.

-
[Y/N's POV]

The sky was engulfed with pastel colors when we were near the boundaries of Sunagakure no Sato and Choji suggested a quick rest before proceeding. As I stood quite a distance to them, I entered my trail of thinking.

"Leader-sama wanted your power to be in the Akatsuki, un." Deidara-kun's voice echoed.

I have yet to control and know my power. And, that power seems to be quite a big threat to everyone.

Why don't I remember my past?

How did my previous village got destroyed?

A call from the love of my life stopped me from questioning an unanswerable questions to myself. "Y/N! We're going."

I walked up to him. "Shikamaru-kun." I called.

"What is it?" He asked as we proceed to run all the way to Sunagakure.

I hesitated. "Is...is my power really that threatening?"

He gave me no answer. I looked down. "You're not a threat, Y/N." He said.

-

As soon as we arrived at Sunagakure, we were accompanied by a Suna shinobi who was guarding the gates of the village.

We were lead straight to the office of the Kazekage, Gaara. Before the door open, Shikamaru-kun gave the scroll back to me. "Let them in." I heard Gaara said from the other side.

The door opened and I handed down the scroll to the Kazekage. "We knew you were coming so as an ally of Konohagakure, we prepared you a room for you to be able to rest for the night." Temari said, standing beside Gaara. She looked at Shikamaru-kun and that made me frown.

"Kankuro, lead them to the room." Kankuro nodded and proceeded to lead the way.

But before I could completely go out of the office, I heard Temari calling out Shikamaru-kun. So, I looked back at him and he noticed that. "Um, you guys go ahead. I'll catch up."

Ino gently grabbed my arm and pulled me farther away from him. The last thing I remember before I arrived at the room was Shikamaru-kun intertwining his hands on Temari's.

After a few hours of doing nothing in the room they gave us for the night, I stood up.

"Hm? Where are you going, Y/N?" Ino asked.

"I'm going to find Shikamaru-kun. I'm gonna tell him where this room is." I opened the door and went out. "I'll be right back." I said as I closed the door.

As I wander around the place, searching for him, I found who I was looking for. He wasn't alone. He was with Temari, indeed. They were laughing at something.

Looking at how brightly Shikamaru-kun's smile made me thought. Have I made him happy like that before? Or have I only caused trouble for him?

Looking down, I waited for them to finish what they talking about.

Ugh!? What is this feeling again? I clutched my hand on to my shirt near my heart. My body...why does it feel so hot...!?

Soon, Shikamaru-kun took notice of my presence. "Y/N?"

Hearing his voice put me at ease but remembering what I saw, "Oh, hey. Shikamaru-kun." I greeted with no emotions at all.

"What are you doing here?"

"Searching for you just to tell you where the room is." I said, flatly.

[3rd POV]

Y/N's unenthusiastic character made Shikamaru thought that something is wrong. Y/N wasn't usually like this. She was happy whenever she was with Shikamaru but not today.

No words were exchanged until they arrived at the room. "Here we are." She said.

Once the door was opened, Ino looked at the two. Y/N went straight to the bathroom to change clothes while Choji and Ino weren't sure of what to do.

"Is something wrong with Y/N?" Shikamaru finally spoke.

"What do you mean?" Choji asked as he chomped on his chips.

"She's acting strange. She's so quiet when she saw me. She's usually acting like a fangirl whenever she sees me." He said as he gets his futon.

"I'm not acting strange. I'm just tired, that's all." Y/N interrupted the conversation. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be getting my futon now." She said, unemotionally.

Ino and Choji also prepares for the night and she put her futon beside Y/N while Choji put his near Shikamaru.