Chapter 3: I Trust You

A/N: okay I said I would update after midterms but I have time to do it now so I am updating now. Lol.

--

"S-Sunagakure?!" I exclaimed.

"Is there something wrong, Y/N?" Lady Tsunade asked.

"N-nothing." I frowned. I can feel Ino's eyes on mine. She probably know something. Damn that girl.

"This scroll is to be delivered to Sunagakure and this mission is going to be lead by Shikamaru Nara. Now then, Y/N L/N, Ino Yamanaka and Choji Akimichi, I am now giving this scroll for you to deliver it. Dismissed!" She ordered.

We hurriedly went out of the office and packed my things. It takes 3 days to get to the Hidden Village of Sand so I have to pack essential things for 3 days.

"Y/N, are you done yet?" Shikamaru-kun knocked at the other side of the door.

"Ah, just a minute. I'm almost done!" I said as I grabbed my little kunai with a coral carved on its blade and put it in my bag. Apparently, I had it with me ever since the first day I had transformed back into a human.

As soon as I zipped my bag, he entered my room. "Let's go. Do you have the scroll?"

"It's here." I showed it to him. "Aren't you going to hold it?" I said as we walked outside.

"I trust you enough to hold it." He said. "Mom, we're going now."

"Take care, Shikamaru, Y/N." Said Yoshino-san.

He trust me enough to hold it? What if I really betray them? Doesn't he doubt me? Thoughts played in my brain as I glanced at him.

"The hokage may have doubts at you..." He turned on his back and look at me. "...but I trust you enough to hold that. If you do something against us, the three of us will definitely stop you." He warned as we stopped at the gates of Konohagakure.

"Are you all ready?" Shikamaru asked.

"Yes!" Everyone chorused. And so, we walked out of Konoha.

-

After a few minutes of walking I called, "hey, Shikamaru-kun."

"Hmm?" He looked at me as he put his arms behind his head.

"We don't have any plans or something, do we?"

He shook his head no. "What if we stumble upon an enemy or a member of Akatsuki?"

"You know, first of all, our mission is to just deliver that scroll. Second, I can't come up with a strategy if I don't know what our enemy is like." He explained.

"I see."

"But don't let you guard down. As what you have said, we may come across an enemy or an Akatsuki. So, be careful." He added.

As we walk, Ino came up to me. "Hey, Y/N." She smirked.

"Oh, hey Ino." I smiled.

"Is there any progress?"

I blushed. "W-what progress?"

You see, everyone in the village used to think Shikamaru and I are dating because of how close we are until she came along. The rumor that spread died but only my few friends knew the truth.

"Stop playing dumb! Don't tell me there's no progress?" She asked.

"Well, I've already told you about the last time we hugged." I said.

"And after that?" She encouraged.

"No progress." I frowned. "W-well, after that he already start hanging out with Temari-san!"

"You know, you shouldn't lose to that Temari, right?" She deadpanned.

"I-I know but..." I looked at Shikamaru-kun's back and looked down.

This saddened Ino. She must have known what it feels to be rejected. "But you know, there still might be a tiny chance...!" She persisted.

"Ino." Choji stopped her.

"Sorry..." she sighed.

"By the way, Y/N, I've been warned." Shikamaru-kun spoke.

"Y-yes?" I walked up beside him.

"That if you lose control and transforms, we'll have to stop you. So, I suggest you not to trigger your beastly transformation." He said.

Beastly.

I kept quiet. I don't even know what would trigger me into transforming.

I sighed.

-

Night came. "We'll settle out here." We stopped at a forest with a lake beside.

"S-Shikamaru-kun." I called.

"Hmm?"

"Could I, you know...I promise I wouldn't do anythi--"

I was cut off by his actions. He just started settling his sleeping bag and lay down. "Saves me the trouble of watching over you guys. Thanks." He smiled.

I trust you. Words from him echoed in my head. These kind of things warms my heart and all of it came from him. Words and actions.

I sat on the edge of the lake and sunk my feet in it. "It's cold..." I whispered, complaining.

I looked at the trio. They were sleeping so peacefully and soundly. I wanted to lay down and sleep beside Shikamaru-kun but it ain't my duty right now.

After a few hours of just looking at the surroundings and keeping my guard alert, a gust of soft wind erupted the place. I looked at the direction of where the wind came from. I saw a...

---
:))))

Reirin xx