Chapter 9

Sonny's POV

That night I felt truly happy, unlike every other day after that date that Chad had ditched. Today had been a good day, a really good day. It would've been even better if we kissed, but some dreams don't come true.

There's a good chance that Chad still likes me, but there's an even worse chance that Chad doesn't like me at all and was only in it because he is legally contracted to.

The next day I had work, and honestly, I knew that Tawny would bug me about the date, asking for all the details. It'd be annoying, but I think it'd be than sharing the details with my mother.

On the other hand, I'd also have to face Chad, who probably would drop by the set and call me "m'lady" and all that stuff I missed from when we dated.

Yet actually, when I walked out of my apartment building that morning, Chad came up to me ona bike. He was struggling, so I quickly supported him by holding the bicycle.

"Whoa there," I commented, "I thought you didn't know how to bike, and that you hated to do it anyways."

"Anything for you," he replied, "Yes, I could've just drove you, but I felt I'd be showing off too much, so here I am, on a shaking bicycle meant for two and an empty feeling inside."

"You're so sweet, Cooper," I told him. He gave me a genuine smile and gestured for me to take the other seat. So we sat together, my hands not on the handle bars so I had an excuse to hold his waist lovingly.

His wind flowed as we rode steadily. "Damn, I love you so much," I murmured under my breath. He looked back at me with a smile.

"What was that?"

"Nothinng. Focus on the road, damn it."

We laughed and continued to bike our ways to the studio. We separated with a small hug and a goodbye,

"I saw you riding with Chad," Tawny said almost immediately. 

"Yeah, yeah," I waved her off.

"No," she disagreed, "Tell me everything."

And so I did, even the part where I realized I loved him so much.

a/n. ok so i keep getting emails that people are commenting on this fic even tho it's literally 2020 it's been 7 years. i was gonna delete the entire fic bc i was literally 12 when we wrote this but i found this draft and since y'all want an update so bad i'll give you one. i didn't proofread it and it's a terrible ending but i'll be honest with you guys i am never writing this again i am so sorry. but thanks for reading let's just imagine channy are back together and penelope got arrested for climbing walls, goodbye forever xx