Chapter 5

Recap:

The pain felt good, almost as relief.

I know; I shouldn’t feel like this. This isn’t right, cutting isn’t good. But I can’t deny the fact that the pain relieved me and made me feel slightly better. If I cut even more, I’ll feel better.

To be honest, I have cut before, actually. I was bullied when I was younger for being chubby and having a few pounds over me. It was one of the worst times in my life, actually. I started to cut when I was 14 but I stopped almost immediately because it didn’t help in that situation. What helped was to get fit, exercise, and eat healthy.

But this is heart break. And you never really can fix a heart.

I had the sudden urge to cut. The cut on my palm was relaxing but wasn’t enough. But the pebble that was suddenly thrown at me was a sign.

However, who was stalking me?

The person or whatever made me realize that I shouldn’t be cutting. But I don’t know what else to do. Cutting actually relieved the pain.

I don’t know what to do.

Thanks Pooper.

Chapter 5

Sonny's POV

“Sonny, honey, you have to get up and go to work. You’re being paid for this kind of thing, you can’t just stop,” My mom told me, trying to rip the covers off my body.

“No, mom,” I groaned, grabbing the covers and securing myself, “I called in sick. I actually do feel like I’m catching a cold, so,” I lied.

"Sonny," she complained.

"What," I grumbled, rolling around in the couch.

"You're over exaggerating," She told me. I groaned in anger, resisting the urge to flip her off.

"Mom, I actually do feel sick," I told her. Even though it might not be the truth, it's still wasn't exactly a lie. After yesterday's events I felt truly like shit and I didn't want to be seen by anyone. I'm scared if I look as shitty as I feel, and that would be truly embarrassing.

"Fine, I'll be going out. If you need anything or you're dying, just ring me up," Mom said, shrugging on her jacket and slamming the door shut. I sighed, sitting up and getting out my phone.

"Nothing a good comedy book can't fix," I said, opening up an e-book.

Honestly, this won't fix me. Nothing can truly fix me, or anyone, actually. You're not like a car in a body shop. You don't go in, they fix you and you're out. It doesn't work like that.

*one week later*

"Sonny?" I heard the familiar voice of Tawni Hart rung through my eyes. I slowly opened my eyes and heard her call my name again, probably from behind the front door.

"What?" I called angrily.

"You know what, we're coming through," Nico said and just threw open the door. I gasped and looked at him in shame, but he just shrugged. Nico, Tawni and Zora strutted inside, leaving a shameful Grady follow them.

"Sonny, I know what happened," Tawni sighed.

"You do?" 

"Yes, we do," Nico replied.

"Yeah, well, it's easy to notice when Chad Dylan Pooper was truly a mess at the set of Mackenzie Falls. Something bad happened on your date, Sonny!" Zora explained.

"Yeah, what she said," Grady said unsure of himself, pointing at Zora.

"Sonny, we're always here for you, and you can always talk to us," Tawni said sweetfully, sitting down on the edge of the couch. I sat up.

"Really?" I asked hopefully, placing my hand on hers.

"Ew, no, don't touch me," She said, standing up and walking away. Rude.

"But seriously Sonny, what happened that made the date so bad?" Grady asked.

"He stood me up," I muttered under my breath.

"That little-" Tawni started, but then was stopped by Nico.

"If this was a fake date, then why were you so effected by it? It was only fake, right...?" Nico asked. Zora smacked the back of his head and gave him a dumb look.

"Look doofus, Sonny probably still has feelings for Chad deep down inside!" She exclaimed.

Do I have feelings for Chad?

No.

Wait, I do. Why else would I be so torn over this? I like Chad. I thought he liked me too, but why didn't he show up? He could've called me, saying he had to do something or that he was running late.

Guys are lame. 

A knock on the door broke our silence. I quickly hid underneath the covers as Nico opened the door. I thought it was probably someone who would question my state at the moment, and I don't really want to do some explaining.

"What are you doing here?" I heard Nico say with attitude. I furrowed my eyebrows and slowly peeled the covers off, revealing a sad and lost looking Chad standing at the door with a bouquet of flowers in his hands.

"Sonny..." He breathed, walking past Nico and Brady (who awkwardly tried to cover up the door to not let him through) and stood at the edge of my couch. I groaned and rolled over, not facing him.

"Sonny, I'm sorry," He said.

"Go away," I groaned.

"Not until my apology is accepted," He argued.

"No."

"Please?"

"Bye."