Chapter 8

Recap:

Chad and Sonny’s POV

I went to bed with the same grin on my face as earlier. I couldn’t wait for my date. Hopefully everything will be better this time.

 -

Chad's POV

The feeling of happiness that flooded through me the next day when I woke up was an unforgettable feeling. It was just because of a silly date but nonetheless I was really excited for this “silly date,” and I couldn’t even wait.

 I don’t know how I truly feel for Sonny but all I know is that I really do like her. Maybe even love, but I have no idea whatsoever. I mean, I guess, but I could never be too sure. And if I classify myself as “in love,” with Sonny Munroe, then it’ll hurt even more if I accidentally stand her up – again.

Because today was a Sunday we didn’t have to go to work. It was our free day, you could say. I had to get ready by 2 and it was already 12. I would say I was screwed but I won’t say that. If I did say I was screwed then I’d feel bad and then it would delay my getting-ready-time. That would be bad.

I quickly took a nice shower and then decided what I wanted to wear. Usually I’d throw random clothing on my floor and choose, but I wanted everything to be better, so that meant going out of my regular routine and doing the opposite. So basically I was just going to stick my hand into my closet and grab an outfit.

To my luck, it was just a plaid flannel and so I quickly set out to find a blank shirt, tying the flannel around my waist. I would say that I looked incredibly attractive but then that’d be very selfish and that’s the reason Sonny dumped me.

Am I over thinking everything?

I laughed at my thought, deciding that it’s good to over think in this situation – after all, the past times that I’ve just done things without thinking, I got horribly hurt at the end.

I smiled at my reflection in my full-body mirror and put on my best shoes. Checking the time, I grinned in satisfaction. It was half past one, and I’d have to pick Sonny up from her apartment. (This time I’m sure that I have to pick her up from her apartment this time.)

So here I am, patiently waiting outside Sonny’s apartment door. I was dinged in her apartment building and I walked to her apartment, knocking on the door softly. I felt the smile grow on my face when I heard her beautiful voice say, “Coming!”

Soon enough she opened the door in a beautiful black dress. Eyeliner had emphasized her gorgeous brown eyes and her lips were covered in red lipstick. In that moment I just wanted to swoop in and kiss those soft-looking lips but I stopped myself.

She half-smiled at me, pulling at the end of her dress insecurely. I gave her a full on grin, “Hey Sonny, you look absolutely stunning.”

“And you’re quite handsome too, Cooper, “ she told me, and the smile on my face just kept growing, even though I didn’t even know it was possible to stretch any longer.

“Want to go, Mrs. Munroe?” I retorted playfully at her. She smiled a full smile at me and walked out her door. I hesitantly placed my hand on her upper back, mentally asking her if I could wrap my arm around her shoulder. I felt a hand on my back as well and felt as if she was mentally replying; yes.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and she had almost immediately placed her head at the crook of my neck, and I felt my heart beating faster and my hands getting sweaty.

No, Chad, not like your first date. Don’t throw up on the beautiful lady again.

“I made plans to go to the arcade, unless you don’t want to–”

“No, I want to,” she interrupted me, “It’ll be like our first fake date. Remember when I faked kissing you? The way you reacted was hilarious!”

“That was a fun day,” I told her, and the rest of the date was just like the old days. We had fun, talking and just playing around. I couldn’t help but notice how beautiful she was every five minutes and I had fallen in love with her, over and over again.