Chapter 4

Chad's POV

Tonight was the night that I had to go to the fake date with Sonny, but just thinking about how she'd take it made me shiver.

It was a 'fake' date, meaning that she won't put any effort or romance into this whatsoever. Of course, the press will be there stalking us, and so she'll fake everything. And this just made me want to vomit.

I think back at all the memories that Sonny and I made, and I realize that I really really like Sonny. And it might be stronger than like. It could be love.

Even though this thought makes me want to puke, it's true. I think I'm in love with Sonny Munroe.

But of course, she doesn't love me. She hates me, because I'm such an arrogant donkey butt. Curse my good looks and self esteem.

As I walked out of my dressing room, looking as awesome as I always do, I decided to take a walk outside before I go over to the Randoms because I'm literally too stressed out about this. My hands are shaking like hell and if you actually saw them, you'd be freaked out on how it's vigorously shaking. And if I raised my arms, you'd see pit stains.

Remind me to change my shirt.

I strolled through the building and finally reached the exit, and just took a deep breath of the fresh air. No matter how much I hate how humid it gets and makes my hair messy, I still love to go outside. It calms my nerves down.

But for this situation, my nerves were never calmed.

My thoughts always came back to Sonny. I wondered how she put her hair and how she dressed just for the date. Because paparazzi would be there, I bet she dressed up fancy, and heck, even better than me.

I found myself practically drooling at how I imagined she looked like. She probably looked as beautiful as she always is; but her hair would be all curled and dolled up just for the date. And she'd be wearing a dress that would hug her body and make her look even more beautiful than she is.

I shivered as the cold wind hit me and snapped me out of my thoughts.

I found myself in front of Sonny's apartment building and I looked up at the floor that Sonny's apartment was. I blinked at the person who was basically clung onto the side of the building like Spiderman. She had long wavy brown hair that instantly reminded me of that monster, Penelope. I almost fell onto the floor because she looked so much like Penelope from the back, but I knew that there were years until Penelope would be let out of prison.

I rubbed my eyes, thinking that I was merely having a dream, but of course I was actually awake and there was a girl version of Spiderman climbing up my ex-girlfriend's apartment building. But you know, whatever.

I turned to head back to the studio until I heard really loud sobs and wailing. At first I was like 'I don't care' but something about it intrigued me. I turned around and sensed that the crying was coming from the floor that Sonny was on; and I immediately thought the worst.

I quickly took my phone out and checked the time.

I was two hours late for our date.

It was Sonny who was crying.

And it was my entire fault.

It began to rain heavily all of a sudden and I felt myself falling to my knees, and I cried with Sonny and the sky.

Penelope's POV

I was just chilling on the side of the building climbing up and trying to get up to Sonny's floor. As I almost made it, I heard a sob from below, and as curious I am, I looked down and saw Chad Dylan Cooper crying his eyes out.

"Aw, look at the boy," I frowned, "He actually thinks he has a chance with Sonny," I gagged.

I found my way to Sonny's balcony and climbed right in. I quietly peeked through the curtains and saw poor little Sonny huddled up in the corner, her knees up to her chest, sobbing, just like Chad was.

Chad ditched her, aw.

With the movement of her hand, she knocked down a vase that was on her table by her. The vase hit the floor in almost slow motion; you could see the vase shattering in a millisecond, and the walls echoed with a huge noise that you probably could hear from outside.

Sonny wailed as she began to pick up the pieces and she accidently cut her palm, and she stopped abruptly stopped and stared at the cut on her palm.

She muttered things that I couldn't hear and my heart shattered in two as I saw how fragile she looked.

No- I shouldn't feel sympathy.

She grabbed the piece that cut her palm, which had a red edge due to the blood, and she quickly sighed before raising it up to her wrist. My breath hitched in my throat and I hurriedly picked up a tiny pebble near me and threw it to the wall by her. She dropped the shard and stared at the pebble that hit the wall.

I knew that she was going to look back over to me so I quickly fled before she could even think about looking at where the pebble was thrown.

I quickly slid down the building, safely yet dangerously. I saw Chad still in his position and I hadn't even realized it was raining cats and dogs.

I began to walk away with these two people on my mind, and a cunning plan to fulfill.

Sonny's POV

My heart hurts.

So much.

It's not even funny. All this humor about heartbreak and everything is just bull and stupid. People actually feel like shit when something like that happens to them. I just wasn't able to experience first hand. And now that I do, I regret all the joking around I did about heartbreak.

Do you realize that there are tons of girls in the world that actually feel the same way I feel like? It's just impacted me right now. Because I feel like I'm not good enough for anything, and I think it's really sad that girls feel this way. They shouldn't feel this way, because they are good enough.

Maybe I should tell myself that I'm good enough.

I need to help myself first.

I just cried and cried, and this is the most I've cried in my entire life. This tops the time when I was immediately eliminated in a Wisconsin beauty pageant when I was younger. That was rough, but not as rough as this.

I knocked over the vase that was on the table right beside me. It made me cry even more, I don't know why. I'm just in such a fragile state that anything could upset me even more than I already am.

Wait, where's mom?

But anyways, when I knocked over the vase, I just felt so stupid and idiotic; like I could never do anything right. I knocked over the vase because I'm such a screw up.

I hastily picked up the shards of the glass and this metaphorically huge one just slices my palm, and for a second I just drop everything and stop. I just stop.

The pain felt good, almost as relief.

I know; I shouldn't feel like this. This isn't right, cutting isn't good. But I can't deny the fact that the pain relieved me and made me feel slightly better. If I cut even more, I'll feel better.

To be honest, I have cut before, actually. I was bullied when I was younger for being chubby and having a few pounds over me. It was one of the worst times in my life, actually. I started to cut when I was 14 but I stopped almost immediately because it didn't help in that situation. What helped was to get fit, exercise, and eat healthy.

But this is heart break. And you never really can fix a heart.

I had the sudden urge to cut. The cut on my palm was relaxing but wasn't enough. But the pebble that was suddenly thrown at me was a sign.

However, who was stalking me?

The person or whatever made me realize that I shouldn't be cutting. But I don't know what else to do. Cutting actually relieved the pain.

I don't know what to do.

Thanks Pooper.