Chapter 7

Recap:

"I'm in love with you," I truly told her, kissing her soft lips.

And then I woke up.

Sonny’s POV

I woke up with a gasp, the dream I just had replaying in my mind. It felt so real, and I can’t help but to admit that I loved every single minute of it. Yet I shook off the feeling and got up, getting dressed for the new day.

Once I arrived at the studio, I had felt so many memories rushing back to me. From when Chad and I dated and from the dream, and I really wanted to feel it again. I wanted to go to the Mack Falls studio and walk up to Chad and just kiss him, but I knew that was would be horrible – especially since he obviously wouldn’t want to kiss back.

After settling in and thirty minutes passing by, Marshall walked into the prop house with a blank look on his face. There was no expecting on what he was going to tell us. We were all scared, since we know that whenever he randomly pops up, it’s something bad.

“Hey Sonny,” he greeted me personally. I looked at him with a surprised look and greeted him back. He sighed, trying to stall.

“So, how are you?” he asked, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck, “I have some news for you, and you’re probably not gonna like it.”

“Get to the point,” Tawni beat me to saying it, “Marshall, what’s up.”

“Alright, Sonny,” he began, “So I know that Chad stood you up, but we’re setting up another date for you. I know you’re going to protest and I know that you don’t like it but –“

“It’s okay, Marshall,” I told him, “It’s perfectly fine.” I wasn’t exactly angry at what he said, but I had actually wanted to go on another date with Chad. I don’t know why, but it made me think that maybe he’d actually come and actually enjoy something with me.

“So you’re okay with this?” he continued, “I wasn’t expecting this from you, Sonny.”

“Well, it’s okay,” I told him, “When’s the date?”

“Ooh, Sonny’s got a date,” Tawni teased in the background as Nico and Grady were trying to oppose to the idea of Channy going on a date. Zora had simply sighed in annoyance with the two boys and walked away.

“Tomorrow at two. G’luck, Sonny,” Marshall quickly told me, then told everyone goodbye before heading off, leaving Nico and Grady to continue their bickering.

Chad’s POV

I recognized Marshall, Sonny’s manager walking down the hall of the Mackenzie Falls studio. I was surprised, but I felt as if it had something to do with Sonny.

Well, obviously Chad, he is Sonny’s manager. What else is he going to talk to me about?

I face palmed at my stupidity as he came over to me. He made awkward gestures and said his greetings before he confronted me on what he really needed.

“Hey Chad,” he said, “I need to tell you something,” he got to the point. “Okay, so I know you stood up Sonny last time but I’m going to have you two go on another date again. Now, if you stand her up one more time there will be some punishments. Not only from Mr. Condor but also by me. Sonny’s like my daughter, y’know?”

I couldn’t help the smile grown on my face as he said this, “Don’t worry, sir. You could count on me. I won’t be a jerk again, I promise. I’ve learned my lesson.”

He walked away and I didn’t dare to hide the grin on my face.

Chad and Sonny’s POV

I went to bed with the same grin on my face as earlier. I couldn’t wait for my date. Hopefully everything will be better this time.