11. The Tutor

11

"Here's your stupid water." I mumbled handing it to him.

He looked confused for a second. "Is something wrong Gracie?"

"My mom is such a jerk."

"What happened?"

"She was saying that she really likes you and it's too bad I'm not your type. She meant because I'm stupid you wouldn't ever date me."

He laughed. "Why are you letting that get under your skin? You already know it's not true."

"Yes, but it's the fact that my mother thinks that. It bothers me, and if I tell her that we're actually together she'll be all over protective and watch us super carefully."

"Excellent point. Nobody wants that." He smiled and took a sip of his water.

I blushed and smiled back. "It's weird though. Why are we together?"

He made a thoughtful face, then looked back at me. "I think it's because we like each other, but that's just me."

I laughed. "Fine, whatever you say."

"Good girl."

"Don't push it Carson." He just laughed. "So tomorrow do you want to go with me to the school tomorrow?"

"What?"

"I visit my friends during lunch. Would you care to join?"

"Sure. I'd love to see where you used to go to school."

"I'm quite notorious there." I smirked.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, I got an interesting welcome today."

He chuckled. "Well, then it's going to be very interesting tomorrow when they see you walk in with me."

"I have to say, I'm excited for Rose to finally meet you in person."

"Well, I'm interested in meeting her as well."

"I've noticed that you always talk so proper and whenever I'm with you I begin to talk proper. It's weird."

He laughed. "Well, I just kind of talk like that. Sorry. I'll try to talk not so smarticle now."

I stuck my tongue out. "So, do you want me to show you around the house?"

"Yeah."

I spent the next couple minutes showing him around the house. Where the kitchen was, the bathrooms, the living, dining, and game room, and everything else.

"Last, but not least, my room." I opened my door and he walked in.

"Nice, a little messy, but nice."

"Hey, I'm on vacation. It's allowed to be a little messy."

"Fine fine. Although I see your bra hanging on your chair over there."

I turned bright red and ran over and snatched it off my chair. I threw it in my closet and closed the door.

He just laughed at my reaction. "Relax. It's not like I haven't see a bra before."

"Touché."

I wasn't facing him, but all of the sudden he grabbed my wrist and brought me close to him. "It's really good to see you again."

He leaned down slowly and his lips were barely touching mine when I heard a loud screeching of tires and the front door flying open down stairs. Oh, good lord. Family.