40. The Tutor (End)

**The beginning of the chapter is a little rough.  I'm deeply sorry, but there were some loose ends and whatnot.  But the ending should be okay. =)**

40

Our honeymoon ended all too quickly. 

It was so nice to just be with Carson all the time, completely uninterrupted.  It was everything I dreamed and more.

Finally though, like all good things, it had to come to an end.

My parents and his dad had driven to Southern California to go apartment shopping with us. 

We met them at the hotel we’d all be staying in while we looked.

My parents were very happy to see me again.  My mom rushed up and gave me a big hug and asked how everything was.

I told her it was simply magical.

We decided to turn in that night to only get up early in the morning to find an apartment.

We went to our first option.  It was a one bedroom studio, with one bathroom and a kitchen attached to the living room.

It was small, but livable.  We also had to consider the fact that we’d be adding another member to the group soon.

That’s when we decided to head to option two.  It was nice.  Two bedrooms, one bathroom, a living room attached to the kitchen, and a nice view of the city.  The only problem was that it was kind of far from the school and from what we saw, there was a small roach infestation.  I couldn’t handle that.

So then on to option three.  It was definitely a winner.  One pretty good sized bedroom and a smaller room, a living room attached to a pretty large kitchen, a bathroom and a half, and it was only about one mile from the school.  It had been kept pretty clean by the last tenants and there wasn’t a lot of noise from the city.

It took all day to get there, but we were pretty set on that one. 

“I love it.”  I said smiling.

“Are you positive?” Carson asked.

“Yes, it’s perfect.  The bedroom is big enough to keep the crib in there with us and watch the baby.  Then there’s a smaller room for the baby whatnots.  The living room is big enough to get a nice couch and some baby whatnots in there and then if we have company we can just shove the baby whatnots in the extra room.  The kitchen is big enough for me and everything.  It’s probably going to be smaller feeling when we get furniture in, but we can do it.

“You want the baby in our room?”

I thought about that for a second. “Um…maybe not.  The walls are thin enough.” 

“That’s what I though.”

“So you like this one Gracie?” My mom asked.

“I do!  It’s perfect!”

“Great, now let’s go get some paperwork done!”

We spent a long time doing paperwork.  I didn’t pay too much attention.  I let Carson handle most of that since I didn’t entirely understand.

Finally everything was done.

That’s when we all had to get in that stupid car and drive all the way back up.  Why?  Because we needed to pack everything!

I was not looking forward to that.

It took nine hours to get up to the old Victorian House that my grandparents left me.