19. The Tutor

19

It's been a couple weeks and now it's time for us all to go on Christmas vacation. Everyone was very excited.

I was more nervous than excited. I'm going to go meet my boyfriend's family. It's a little nerve-racking.

We were not just getting on the plane and he took my hand reassuringly.

"I know that you're worried, but don't. They'll like you."

"I'll try and make a good impression."

"That's all I ask, but at the same time, it's okay to be yourself."

"Are you sure about that?"

"No, but what can they do about it if I want to date you."

I chuckled and lightly shoved his shoulder.

We sat in our chairs and he still held my hand lightly. I loved it. I really just loved being near him.

I loved when he held me. I loved when he kissed me. I loved when he smiled at my stupidity. I simply love him. I can freely admit it now.

After that big fiasco where I thoroughly embarrassed myself we finally truly said we loved each other. So, now it's out in the open, and I'm actually okay with it.

"Okay, so what do you think that lady's story is?" I asked looking at this lady typing away at her computer.

This was one of my favorite games. You look at a person and then think of a story that brought them here.

"Hmm...Well, I would guess that she's in her late thirties."

"Good start."

"Probably no husband, but wishes she had made the commitment sooner."

"Very nice."

"She's addicted to her job and right now she's going on vacation. Her co-workers made her because they're actually her friends, like in those geeky chick flicks."

I chuckled. "That's not bad, but why would she be going to Sacramento to vacation?"

"I don't know, but this is my story, don't butt it."

I laughed. "Fine."

"Okay, well maybe she was reluctant to go because she's such a workaholic and now she's still trying to detach herself from work."

"What if she's getting back from vacation and this is just a stop on the way? Because Sacramento would be like where you go to work, not vacation."

"Hey, when it's your turn you can make up your own crap. I'm sticking with my story."

"Jeez!"

"Okay, well why she's there she's going to meet someone and fall madly in love, the end."

I applauded him. "Very nice story. You may have a little creativity in you yet."

He laughed. "Well that's why we're good for each other. You're the creative one and I'm the smart one."

I hit his arm. "You're lucky that I'm so used to those comments."

"Hey, I'm not saying you're dumb."

"You're implying it."

"I feel a sense of déjà vu."

"Yeah." I laughed.

I leaned my head on his shoulder. I didn't get good sleep last night. I don't know why though.