16. The Tutor

16

"That one." I said picking one of his hands that was supposed to have a quarter in it. He's done this trick five times and I have yet to get it.

By the way it's been like three weeks since Maya showed up. She refuses to quit! She keeps flirting with Carson and she's sure she can win him back. It just befuddles me. Carson has really become even more outgoing in that time. I love it.

He opened his hand and it was empty, then he reached over to my ear and brought out the quarter.

"Dang it! How does that happen?!" I yelled.

He just laughed at me. "It's fun having an easily bewildered girlfriend."

"Are youz callin' me stupid?" I mocked.

He laughed again. "No, I'm not calling you stupid."

"But you are implying it."

"But not saying it." He winked and I shoved him off my bed. On the way though he grabbed my wrist, dragging me down on top of him.

"Hey!" I yelled then landed with an 'Oomph!' "That wasn't nice."

"Hey, if I go down, you're coming with me."

"Pfft! You're on your own buddy!"

"But, I kind of like this position."

I chuckled. "Oh do you?"

"Yeah, I kind of do."

"Well, then I'm getting up."

"What?! No!"

I moved to get up and he moved to grab me in the process I did in fact knee him in the nuts.

He yelped in pain and I quickly got off him and laughed. "Oh my gosh, Why?! Why God?!" He yelled.

I continued laughing at my boyfriend's expense. "You brought this upon yourself!" I said rolling on the floor in pure utter amusement.

"Did you really think I wanted to get kneed in the nuts? No, I'll tell you now, I did not."

I laughed for a good five more minutes at him. Finally he shakily got up and collapsed on the bed. I got up and laid next to him.

"Did you know the cupcakes are just slutty muffins?" I asked him.

He looked at me for a second then burst out laughing. "What? No, I didn't know that, but I do now. What brought that up?"

"I was trying to get your mind off the pain." I smiled.

"So which does that make you? The cupcake or the muffin?"

I thought for a second. "Maybe a muffin with cream cheese frosting."

"Yeah, that seems about right." He agreed.

"You know this is the longest I've kept a boyfriend." I said suddenly.

He looked shocked. "Seriously?"

"Yeah, I'm a very flighty girl if you haven't noticed, and usually the guys that I date are losers that don't understand that I don't want a little puppy dog following me all the time."

"Well, it's good to know that you have no immediate plans to dump me as of now."

I smiled. "Yeah you've lasted a month so far. Congrats."

"Well little miss Flighty, I have to go now. It's getting late."

"No! I don't want you to go."