Chapter 1: Disowned by her father.

The clock read 4:00 am as Clara-Belle reluctantly drove home. The home where she knew her father would be furious. It was four hours past her curfew, and she knew he would be waiting. She pulled into their driveway, the house was dark, no light, no sign of life.

She slowly exited her small Honda civic, waiting for the late night reprimand. As she neared the door she could make out something-bags or suitcases maybe? she scooted the bags aside and tried the door.

It was locked. Reaching down to take a look at the bags she found a small note attached. It was in her father's handwriting. It read:

"You knew your curfew. You disobeyed. Here are your things, don't come back. You are no longer a child of mine."

Clara-belle stood there, dazed and upset. Clara knew, she was late, she knew that she had stayed at Nathaniel's party too long. Clara-belle never dreamed that her own father would disown her. There was no use trying to reason with him, he was a set in his own ways' kinda man. She grabbed her bags and hauled them into the small trunk of her car. Wiping the warm salty tears from her eyes she got in and started towards downtown Miami.

The streets were bright with life. Fluorescent lights beamed off her car windshield in a rainbow of light. She didn't know where she would go, where she would sleep tonight but somehow the liveliness of the city made her feel better. she drove a bit longer and decided it would be best to save the rest of the gas for another day. Clara-belle pulls off and parked next to the waterfront. Still in her formal charcoal dress and heels from Nathaniel's party, she exited the car. Her dark hair whipped in the late night breeze, making her shiver.

Ignoring the cold she took to walking, but before long the tears were streaming down Clara's face yet again. She couldn't explain how much she wished her mother was still alive, for this would have never happened. Ever since her death, Clara's father has been a different man, colder, distant even. She couldn't walk any further. Her heels were digging into the blisters she had created earlier that night, and the tears were making her tired. Off to the side sat an empty bench which she took gratefully.

Sitting there, her hair windswept, her cheeks and her eyes red and puffy from the tears I must have looked a sight, she thought.

The ocean breeze felt alive on Clarabella's face, keeping more tears from coming. She just sat and watched as the waves come crashing against the shoreline.

Clara and her mother always used to come here, and just sit and watch. This new memory brought fresh tears to her eyes, and once again she was weeping. Too caught up in her grief she failed to notice a warm body sitting beside her.

Gently touching her shoulder the familiar face asked, "Are you alright?."

She looked up to find the most beautiful green eyes in front of her . She quickly wipes her tears and straightens her dress. " Well no." She mutters softly.

"Well, why not?" He asks.

"Because my mother is dead, and my father has disowned me, his only daughter. I have no one left, and I don't know what to do. I don't even have a place to sleep tonight." she said all in one breath. He must have thought she was crazy, especially with how she looked as of now.

Clara-belle explained to the handsome young man.

When she look up his eyes did not say 'crazy ' instead, they looked sympathetic and kind.

" Well, how about this. You can come have a drink with me and I'll let you stay in my hotel room for the night, so I know that at least for tonight you have a pillow under your head." The old friend proposed.

" That would be nice." Clara reply.

There was a moment of silence between the two, not an awkward one but silence none the less. Then he stood reaching his hand out to help her up.

"Oh, and you do remember me,don't you?" He asks kindly.

" Yes, Ricardo, who could forget a face like yours?" Clara-belle muse.

A/N: Hi to all my readers and followers and my fellow watt padders please comment your thoughts of, chapter one of this story below please and remember to Vote too. Thank you.

Comments! Votes! Follows too!

SHARE!