Chapter 14: Southern Kingdom, I'm back.

Tap. 

I felt a tap on my shoulder and fluttered my eyes open. I scratched my itchy eyes and looked at him. "Louis.."  He smiled and lent his hand, proceeding me to hold onto it and stand up. I just couldn't forget at how could he live by himself in that small, but cozy cottage all these years. Wait, when did his parents left him alone? And where are they?

"Louis... can I ask some couple of questions?" 

He looked taken aback, but smiled halfway-through. "Yeah, you can, since you haven't seen me in a couple of ages." He chuckled, hearing my bestfriend's smile makes me comfortable, makes my heart a little distanced away from the stress the world has given me. I know I shouldn't slack off these days, but what would I even do if the whole rumors out? Kill the villagers, or let's say it specifically... kill the prince? That heartless b*stard? 

Well, that's my plan, but not yet. I should accept the consequences, and should be able to make his life a miserable one. A more miserable one. 

Anyway, now we are again in front of our castle. Scanning the castle, it looks the same. But, Mother and Father... are they alright? What was their reaction when they knew from the men that I have left? Sigh.. I have many things in mind, but I couldn't really say it. 

"Are you okay, Your Highness?" My eyes landed on Louis. He has that very concern to me, I guess he saw me sigh a while ago. 

And I realized that he called me "Your Highness." I laughed, feeling light-hearted all along. "Don't call me that, Louis. Anne's better. And... are you tired? Don't worr-"

"No, please," he chuckled, "I'm fine, and I should be the one thanking you..." 

But someone cut our conversation mid-way and saw my men cross their swords at him, or.. the two of us. I quickly extended my hands and shouted at them, afraid of what they will do to him. 

"Stop it! He did nothing wrong!" 

The two exhanged glances and furrowed their eyebrows, "What are you doing, lady? Protecting him against us does connect to harm. Be careful, and who are you to protect your weak little friend?"

Who are these men to not recognize their Highness?!

"Who are you to not recognize me?!" It seems like they still didn't get my point, so I stepped forward and looked at them, I mean, glared at them with a low, but dark voice. 

"Who am I?" 

"You're... a commoner." 

"Who. Am. I." 

"A commoner. If you don't have any good things to say, then don't bother to say anything, little lady!" 

"...." 

"...."

"Go away, pest." I said, regaining back the argument, and emphasizing the word 'pest' onto his face. 

"What..." The two again exchanged glances and are coming forward. I said something that caused them to froze on their feet, HA! 

"I'm the princess, you fools." Their eyes widened, but scanned me again and was surprised that it was really me. They crouched down and clasped their hands together for forgiveness, I laughed at their foolishness, I can't really stay mad at them for too long since they helped me a lot when I was a kid. 

I saw Louis gain back his angelic laugh. We were laughing our guts out when we heard a noise. Looking behind, we saw ....

Mother drop her precious vase onto the ground with a shocked face. Now, I know my explanation's over. I don't even know what I'll explain to her. I guess I shuddered? I bet Louis saw me.

I saw Mother run up to me and hug me. I heard her crying, the three were smiling. What's wrong with them? 

"WE THOUGHT SOMETHING HAPPENED TO YOU! WHERE HAVE YOU GONE?"

"Er... somewhere. I guess?"

"Stop talking for now. I want to hug this moment. Anyway, let's go inside. It's a bit cold in here." We went inside, I averted my eyes on the floor. It was a bit.. slippery. And the chandeliers were changed. The stairs had some carpets, too. The dining room was looking as elegant as ever. 

"Anne.." I looked at Louis beside me who was fidgeting, guess he's nervous about Mother? So cute.. :)

 "Don't worry, Louis! I know she'll forget all about our conflicts." I touched his hand, which was freaking cold, but because of my warm hand, it got comfortable to touch. 

Mother sat down, opposite us and landed her eyes onto Louis, I squeezed my grip and smiled. Smiled, because I know everything gonna be okay. 

"You are... Louis, right?" 

He nodded mutely, still smiling. 

"Are... your family problems alright?" 

"Yes, Your Highness. Everything's been solved. And my family's residing at somewhere near Northern Kingdom." 

"So.. you live by yourself?" 

"Yes." 

And that answer gained Mother's attention and of course, trust. She knows that he'll be able to protect and help me in times of need. Mother entrusted him to be my personal bodyguard, but also being my bestfriend. She knows that we've not seen each other for years now, so she said that we can hang out in my room. The men will prepare some extra bed for him to sleep on, especially with this cold day. It's fit for a cizy bed this time around. 

So we went upstairs and plopped together onto the bed. It really is tiring to go to Southern Kingdom from Northern Kingdom. I know he's tired than me, so I'll let him off this time. 

"Louis?" I called him out, he's sighing with his eyes closed.

"Yes?" 

"You'll always be by my side whatever happens right?"

"Yes, Anne. I promise." 

"Even if it is hard?" 

"Yes." 

I smiled, forgetting about my problems. Especially about that heartless prince. And that wicked maid. The two of them should die together in hell, but whatever happens, I can always try to make them kneel and beg me to forgive them when time comes. 

"Louis..." 

"Yes?" 

"Don't worry, I'll protect you, too." 

He smiled and turned on his side, looking at me, who was looking on the ceiling. I felt his hand caress my hair. I turned on my side, too and closed my eyes. Maybe... he can be the one to heal my aching heart. Maybe he'll be the one to make me happy. And, of course, I'll return it back too. 

"I love you, Louis..." I said, whispering with eyes closed.

"I love you too, Anne.. forever and ever..." He said, whispering back. 

The two of us fell asleep, not knowing that our lips were touching and like we're ready to kiss.

-----

XD Oh my, I got heart attacks writing the ready-to-sleep scene! Anyway, how is it everyone~~? Did I make your life.. a little happier? XD Just kidding, just read, vote and comment everyone. I guess today's the time I'll write some cheesy scenes on TRP. Expect moarrrrr from it. ;)