Chapter 1

A/N: I edited everything. I noticed that some of it don't even relate to the title or the body itself. And before you all forget, I will edit everything first, before updating. Thank you for sticking with me until now. 

Excuse errors. 

Trapped 

Victoria’s Point of View

“Princess of Southern Kingdom, Princess Victoria Anna Maria Flomfire!”

Knights, commoners, children, vilagers. Everyone cheered. Father and Mother were waving proudly and smiling, while I was here… awkwardly waving back at the huge crowd which i wasn’t used to see.

I flashed a smile. A smile which covered sadness. Loneliness. Curiousness.

It isn’t that I’m not glad to be given this special title, but why ME?

Is the question I want to be answered.

After all..

I started with dolls, candies and chocolates. Yes, everything normal. I spent my childhood, nearly like.. heaven. It was bliss. I liked that kind of life. Not spending and minding every anxiety around you.

But today is different.

My life will be different.

---

After the ceremony, we got back in the castle. I sighed. It was tiring, too tiring for me to handle. I looked at Mother and she came over to me.

"Be a good girl. Act wisely, gracefully and disciplined. Understood?" she said, with a stern face. She has always been that way. Always. That stern face always symbolizes insecurities around her. Insecurities that involves… the Prince.

What does the Prince have to do with me? With Southern Kingdom? With my parents?

Everyone is so hang up on that problem. I couldn’t even think about it. But no matter how much I stay away from it, it always dawns upon me that I have to carry my responsibility, too. Unselfishly.

---

The next day, I got up early. Well, Mother wanted me to. She said she would train me. I freaked out mentally at that. I just turned thirteen, so what’s the big deal with that?

Is she going to change me?

Is she going to make me feel powerful? Strong-willed? To stop thinking for my own and think about my own kingdom?

I just… don’t agree with these options.

I feel like it will change me into a whole different person.

Someone who wants to run away, fight back and scream all her frustrations.

Someone who doesn’t want to be judged. Who wants to be normal. A normal… princess.

---

I happened to run into Mrs. Sally. My teacher for... 10 years ever since I started being homeschooled when I was three years old. She secretly tells me all details about a school. The school I wanted to go into.

Boys and girls hanging and fooling around in the cafeteria, in the classroom, and even by the school gates.

Bringing trouble to all teachers by hiding all their things.

Barging into your upperclassmen or underclassmen's classroom.

Sharing secrets..

Having new friends...

"Earth to Ms. Flomfire?" I snapped back to reality as I see a hand waving in front of my face. Smiling, I nodded and sat properly. Finally, it was time for another day. 

 Another day at home. 

"Yes, Mrs. Sally?" She heavily put some books stacked together. I raised my eyebrows. I thought-? 

"Here are some books I'd like you to read. Your Mother insisted that you'll train tomorrow. Today, you just have to learn the basics." 

"Basics? About what?" She sat down and gently touched the books. 

"Those books were passed down to generations to princes and princesses. Those are all about..." I picked up one book, it was dusty, but the cover pulled it off. 

It was a princess, smiling in a beautiful, full-bloomed garden filled with flowers with the sky matching up with her light blue dress that fluttered with the wind. I smiled at that. What a refreshing cover. 

"....self-discipline." These were the last words I didn't want to hear. It was like virus. A virus that I didn't want it to harm me. 

"Self-discipline, huh.." I whispered while slumping on my chair. "Is that what princesses must have?" 

I looked at her. Her eyebrows raised, I mentally took note about her, 'isn't it obvious?' face. 

"Yes." I groaned, rather loudly. 

"Are princesses meant to be perfect?" 

"No, they aren't." She stood up and bid me goodbye, leaving me these stack of books in front of me. Ready to be read. 

But you train them to be perfect. 

I frowned at that. I feel so incomplete.

So trapped