Chapter 4: Who's The Prince? (Short)

When I woke up in the morning, I had a big smile plastered on my face. Escaping the castle seems like the second objective I liked to do besides from eating chocolates and candies. But, the said thing is Mother surely won't let me out here. A FAT chance. Anyway, yesterday I literally eavesdropped on Mother and her men's conversation. 

And.. they mentioned a prince. 

Hm... prince. And, he's in the Northern Kingdom... Sigh... I kept wondering about him all night. Who is he?! And, why would Mother be angry? Is he a prince with bad manners? No, no. That cannot be. Prince's are always cautious of their attitudes. 

Hey, I think Mother has already calmed down from our 'embarrasing' scene yesterday. I gotta ask her these questions inside my head. So, I ran downstairs and saw Mother and Father discussing something. 

"....What are we going to do now?" I hear Father said, with a concerned gaze towards Mother. 

"I don't know! If he'll keep threatening us like that, then we'll go there and be the one to attack!" My Father's eyes widened and stood up. "Don't do that! You're the immature one here! Always going with your own way! And what about OUR Princess?" 

I smiled upon his words. Father really is the man I respected. And when I have a husband, I want him to be like Father. Courageous, Independent and Witty. And then, I heard them arguing. I made my way and patted their shoulders. I smiled and yanked them down their chairs. Hearing them sigh makes my heart ache. It's like they've been protecting me too much. 

"Mother, Father... Can I... ask a question?" They nodded and fixed their position towards me.

"Who's this prince you're talking about?" 

Mother, who narrowed her eyes, talked quickly. "He's a worthless prince who's a boastful brat." I looked at Father with raised eyebrows and he chuckled. 

"No.. my Princess. Um.. he's.. the powerful prince of the Northern Kingdom. His Father was the most influential King in their Kingdom."

Now, I understood everything. Uh.. not really everything. But partially half of it. Then I went upstairs to   look on my window, ready for the adventure I'm waiting for my whole life. 

I'm ready to face everything then. 

I said, with a determined face along with a smile.