Chapter 3: The Fun Escape, But Bad News

I woke up the next morning, still lying on my bed. Thinking about the 'rules' in case Mother interrogates me again. Through the night, I had thought about 'it'. And of course, the way how to escape here out of the castle is... to avoid the men who are surrounding the castle. "Victoria?" 

I got startled at the voice.

Mother. 

"What are you doing?"  

"Er...I still don't have the mood to get up," I said, like a total normal teenager. What does Mother want anyway? Then, I heard a shouting voice... it was Mother's again. "Don't be immature!" I got up and fixed my pajamas, then I heard her again, "Get up this instant!" 

I felt like a maid who's going to clean the entire castle this day. My palms were slowly getting sweaty and panic rushed through my body. I came closer to the knob and kept a grip tight on it. I squeezed it open and found Mother who has her hands on her hips. Her eyebrows totally glaring at me. 

"Why won't you just wake up by yourself?!" If I said the truth, she'll be more... angry. 

"When you called me, I was surprised at your voice, so I woke up." She narrowed her eyes at me, like boring holes through my face, seeing if I was lying as hell. I just kept myself composed, but the truth was I was shuddering with her cold, sharp eyes. 

"Really?" I nodded and gulped silently. "Yes, Mother. And I believe that the rules you've taught me made me more disciplined than ever." Wow, it is hard to talk like a real princess. And gladly, my words convinced her quite enough. "Okay then. Come to the study hall. We have lots of training to do. But first, take a hot bath and wear a proper dress. No bracelets, no necklaces." 

I sighed mentally and looked at her back, retreating. "Mother..." She turned around gracefully. "Why can't I become normal?" I saw her glare at me and the next thing I knew - she was holding my chin roughly. 

"Oh, so you still have that question in your mind!" She sarcastically said, while I was wincing in pain and her long fingernails were digging on my skin. "You. Are. The. Heir! You understand?! No backing away! Your people will call you a coward for Pete's sake! And if you dare talk about that to the villagers, I will send you to hell!" I widened my eyes at her and tears were threatening to come out. I leaned on the wall and there it was. Tears came and send me to slid down the carpeted floor. 

I never knew that Mother would be so rough to me. And is there a need to be a princess? What will I do when I'm a princess?! Trapped in this cage-like castle. Listening to your Mother and Father. Having some stressful disciplinary actions. Being a good and strict princess to gain others' attention. It's like being the princess makes the most boastful person in the world. 

And it is truly unassailable that my Mother, is the most person I want to hate in this whole wide world. 

And after that embarrasing scene, I went to the bathroom and have a hot bath to ease my aching temples. After the bath, I put on a dress ang headed downstairs to the study hall. I saw Mother standing on the hallway with that eyes again. 

"What.. are we going to do?" She sighed and eyed me. "Let's just cancel it for today. Have your breakfast and don't do something stupid." I shook my thoughts away and gasped with a smile. "Thank you, Mother! I promise I won't do anything stupid!" And, I got up the room and ate my candies. But, an idea popped in my mind. 

I looked at my window and noticed that it was raining. Another idea popped up. I gasped and got down my king-sized bed and hurriedly went downstairs. I took a peek at our humongous door and saw that the men guarding the gate was sheltering themselves from the heavy rain. Another idea got in my head and I went upstairs and got my umbrella which I got from someone years ago. 

After I hurried downstairs, I looked around. There was no one guarding the gate and it was slightly open. Maybe Father got in and it suddenly rained and... okay, my ideas are too delusional, but I hope it's true. Then, I opened my umbrella and risked myself getting wet. The heavy rain wetted my coat and it's a good idea that I had boots to wear. I feel like a child wearing these, but it was pretty useful anyway. 

I smiled widely and looked up at the sky. It was slightly getting lighter. Clouds were still a little gray. Apparently, there were no houses around. Not the dream I hoped for. Having friends to play at the rain. I guess... it won't come true... But, there's no harm in dreaming, right? Just look at the bright side. 

"WHAT?!" I flinched at the shrieking voice of a woman. And, before I knew it, I saw Mother at our doorway getting angry at no one in particular. "What do you mean a prince was already an heir in the Northern Kingdom?!" 

Northern... Kingdom? Heir?

"Some men of the prince concluded that if you won't give up being the Queen and this kingdom, he'll declare war." I saw Mother ruffle her hair in a stressed manner and groaned. "Don't let the King hear this news. And, whatever happens, I will not let this kingdom be stolen away from that vicious prince." The men nodded and bowed. 

They followed the Queen with their umbrellas hovering at her and let her make her way up the castle. And after eyeing the gate, I made my way up in my bedroom and look at my window. 

A prince, huh?

I wonder who he is... 

-- 

A/N: Okay, everyone, another chapter!!! :)) Read, Vote and Comment. :)