Chapter 5: Where Am I?

And the good news for today was Mother and Father had to go to a trip to Europe for a week to engage themselves to a business management company. Well... it's not my problem anymore if they're chased around in a group of paparazzis. And, the bad news is Mother had ordered the men to keep an eye on me. And also the maids. Ugh... this is getting worst day by day. 

And then, I saw Mother staring at me while holding  her 'precious' bag close to her. "Victoria, come here." I came closer and she crouched a little resulting us having an eye-to-eye level.  "Don't do for anything stupid that'll embarass the whole Southern Kingdom. If I heard any of these when your Father and I come back, I'll have a punishment set for you." I seriously got goosebumps just hearing the word punishment. What family did I get myself into?

After bidding them goodbye, I saw that some men were going with Mother and Father. They're like 6 or 7? Well, the total of men were 10. There's only 3 or 4 left. And you asked why there were only few? Well... Father fired them. Father called them as the 'unworthy men of the society'. Yeah, though that's cruel, I wanted to laugh hard. 

And, I noticed that the maids are in an absolute guard on me. It's getting kinda annoying. What am I really? An existing person in this earth or am I always guarded by everyone who have always been cautious of my own character ever since I was born?

I sighed, getting depressed into this situation I got myself into. After spying some of the maids here, I went upstairs to my bedroom and get dressed in a long-sleeved dress and topping it with a  brown cape with a hoodie. I shut my eyes and gripped the my cape, bracing myself at the freedom I've wanted for a long time. 

After dressing up nicely, I still didn't have the courage to get outside without getting caught by the maids and especially -- the men. I heard a shout from downstairs and peeked a little. There was a little accident and all the men and maids rushed at the kitchen. 

I gasped and rushed downstairs, eyeing my surroundings before getting at the gate and slowly opening it with the key I got when Mother had unintentionally dropped it from her hand. (I'm sooo intelligent, right?) So, I planned on using it to escape this cage. 

I caught a last quick glance on the castle, then I heard footsteps approaching towards my direction. So, I made a run for it and ignored the footsteps that I'll never ever hear again. 

While walking, the first thing I noticed was how the wind was really refreshing. Though it was blowing across your face, you just can't not surpress a smile when the feeling's this great. Eyeing the broad and wide skies, the tall tress, the people walking by, the children laughing and running, it feels great. Just by looking at the people with smiles plastered on their faces, it feels like you can feel the happiness of the people by the way they smile and act. 

But... where am I? 

And then, I can't help, but ask this question. I came closer to a man who was selling some balloons who's gripping them lightly on his hand. 

"Um.. What is this place called?" The man turned to my direction with a smile. Then, it faded when he saw me and suddenly shouted.

"IT'S THE PRINCESS EVERYONE! LOOK!!" 

Then, everyone suddenly formed a circle around me and asked questions, which caught me off guard, but I answered them honestly. The man suddenly asked me why I was here and I answered him with a rather embarassing smile. 

Others were shocked, while the children were yelling and jumping of how excited they were to see me. I was glad. Really glad. And then, I felt a poke on my shoulder. It was the man again. 

"If you are lost, we can bring you in the Northern Kingdom where the Prince is living." I was quite surprised, and since they don't know about the 'war' the King was saying, I didn't say it to not shock the people and to avoid their panic in this Kingdom. And... the prince, huh?

"Is the journey ... long?" They nodded, a woman, probably in her thirties, said, "It's about 3-4 hours, Your body might not take it, Your Highness." 

I drifter into my thoughts when someone interrupted me, "Your Highness?" 

"Uh.. yes. I'll go." 

"Are you sure?" 

I nodded and gave them a soft smile. A carriage was heard approaching and I knew that this will be one big adventure for me. 

I procceeded at the carriage and waved the villagers goodbye. But, at the same time, I was nervous as hell.

What would I do when I get there?

Are the people of the Northern Kingdom mean or will greet me a warm welcome?

And... most of all, I can see the prince.

---

Sorry for the crappy and rushed ending everyone. My shoulder's aching already .. so my promise of giving a double update was .. a success, right?! :D And thank you for reading everyone! I love you all. Please vote and comment for my double update. And, if I have the mood to have a double update, then I'll be writing it again by tomorrow!