lιι: вeaυтιғυl love тrιangle

QOTC:

Shikamaru: Mendokusei, do you need something?

Ino: You. I need you.

******************************************************************

Chapter 53: Beautiful Love Triangle

"Aw, that really hurt."

"Shut up."

"Did you miss me?"

The Nara boy rolled his eyes. "Remind me why you're here again?" He looked at her as if she was insane, which was true. She went to his house at small hours without calling or texting. It was a good thing he had a high level of psyiology.

"Hey," someone was opening his window. "Shika, it's me."

"What are you doing here?!?" He stood up from his bed, gazed at her. That's your best friend. "Mendokusei, do you need something?"

"You," Ino laughed, with a sudden cough of little blood. "I need you."

"Shit." Was all he could have said. He flicked the lights on, brought her to bed, gave her some of his loose navy long sleeves. He touched her. She was cold. Her lips were pale. She's a vampire, she's not the Ino you know anymore, said his instinct, but his instinct also told her that this Ino was no different from Ino who came to him when she first had her period.

"Why can't you be nice with me?" Ino asked as she sniffed her cold.

Shikamaru dropped her wet face towel at the bucket. At times like this, the blonde usually takes care of him, times he used to be a man of recklessness. "Because you tried to kill Sakura." He didn't want to doubt her authenticity of her illness, but the remembrance of her vampirism and all that magic to heal--(not to mention a few months lasted after her training as a medic)gave him a sign.

"She ruined my life. Friendship over."

"You can't just end your friendship like that." He said in veracity, an image of Naruto and Sasuke ferociously murdering themsleves at the Death Valley.

"What? You think there's a reason we should still be friends? You said it, I tried to kill her. And I would if only you or her little pesty friends didn't intrude."

Shikamaru rubbed his unshampooed head. "Just, don't do something evil for a change, can you?"

Ino smiled sweetly. "I don't really listen to anyone now, even the senseis, but if it's coming from you I'll be a good girl starting now."

Shikamaru wanted to smile back, but frowned. He had enough of the dismeanors piling and piling up for the past week, unlucky circumstances, Tsunade's unending pound of hammer in his head he just wanted to close everything up and retire. Like he said, shit was the term he promised not to pronounce unless if his image of troubles becomes real. Deadly.

Another thing? He was the Fifth Hokage's adviser. The brainy one, Kakashi would refer, that means he can't disappoint anyone. He is not allowed to fail in accordance to whatever Tsunade asks him to. If she is sober, he would give her a friendly advice to finish her work first, if a mess deliberately comes through words that sounds as if the village would be crushed, Shikamaru would delay it. Tsunade no right to fix and replenish the mistakes they are responsible of.