lххíí: lєαf nσ mσrє

QOTC:

You're not a burden. You're my wife. I don't care what secrets can destroy me. What's gonna destroy me is that if you leave now, I'll never find a place in my heart.

- Naruto to Sakura

********************************************************

Chapter 72: Leaf No More

Sakura was taken and held by too many hands today. Kakashi grabbed her, Kiba brought her into this, Yamato had shown her a secret passageway that led to an exit-she was banned from seeing the Akatsuki. Somehow, Tsunade was finally sensing it-they have come for her.

Naruto never left her side. His clone escorted her to a secret boat into the Land of Waves, where she'd be safe and would not be tracked by the enemy. There she wore a black dress; black veil, and she was bringing her bags of clothes and some of the memories she had-a picture of Naruto and Kakashi in her wallet, a necklace given to her by Ino, Kiba's left condom. She was wearing a black veil, too, as an extension of her own disguise. She was like a lovely angel from the Underworld.

There were fishermen and villagers outside, Naruto payed them with gold. As Sakura was about to get into the boat, she couldn't help but stare at her own village. It had become ugly, if she were to be honest-last time she checked, the children were being evacuated to a safe center while parents were left to suffer. The clans on the other hand, defended the villagers with all their might, but perhaps Konohagakure was just too small to become a battlefield.

"Don't stare." Naruto whispered, giving Sakura a light push. It had begun to rain, and Naruto was soaked when they went inside the room of the boat. It had a queen-sized bed, and Sakura wondered if Naruto paid for it. It wasn't just an ordinary boat-it was a ship. What was she thinking?

"Are you okay?" Naruto asked, as he took off his shirt and replaced it with an orange shirt. It was only a clone, but Sakura felt as if he were real-as if he were standing in front of him. The real Naruto.

"No, Naruto. I'm not." Sakura smiled, wrapping herself with her own arms. "Konoha is under attack. I'm pregnant. I haven't felt so useless before."

"Hey, don't say that." Naruto said, taking her hands. "You're pregnant with my child. It's gonna be the most gorgeous kid ever. Or beautiful-or I don't know. Try not to think about the village today. Try to think of yourself first."

Sakura smiled. She had not felt so protected before, or felt that Naruto's arms were shaking as he held her. Clones popped easily when touched, and Sakura could tell Naruto was getting stronger.

*P L A Y S O N G* (this is very sad, I swear it's when Jiraiya died)

"Did you know-" Naruto grinned that reminded the pinkette of Minato, "I met a kunoichi once. She was from a village called Nadeshiko, and she had this thing that she should fight any worthy Shinobi to get a husband. Her adviser once did that to pervy-sage too, and I can't believe he sold me out behind my back when he told her that her apprentice should seek out a man named Naruto Uzumaki. So she could marry me like 'dude, how is that possible'."

Sakura laughed. "So you're telling me that you should have married her, instead?"

"Aww, my Cherry Blossom gets jealous." Naruto said, as she hugged Sakura from behind. He was rocking her, his arms wrapped in her on an upside down V. "Of course not. You know what happened? I sort of won the match. She was upset. She believed that was her fate-to get a wonderful blossoming future, your husband is the key. I told her that some things aren't meant to be. Maybe she hadn't found her first love yet, and she would find it by now."