Wrong Cliche

Hi Dirtybirds! Long time no talk! Thank you all so much for reading, this has been really fun to write and there is no end in sight! It feels good to write about personal experiences with a twist. I figured I would start sharing a little bit about myself in the upcoming chapters, if anyone is CURIOUS. What do you guys think so far? Clara is such a wild soul, but keeps it contained for the most part. Elias is still a dream I think, so I wonder what it will take to make it real?

------------------------------------------------------------------

The ride to his building was different. We didn't say much to each other. I wanted to see what his brain was coming up with. He had to be making some sort of plan. The gears were turning in my head as well, my own ideas were circling as well.

"Tell me what you're thinking about." He asked sternly

"I'm trying to imagine what you're thinking about." I softly told him

We turned onto a ramp that went into a lower level parking garage. Of course, he had his own spot in a high-rise loft building. 11th street lofts were known to be a luxury spot for the lover of all things perfect. We got into the elevator, conveniently located right next to his car. He put in a passcode, jokingly covering the pinpad while looking back at me. As if, I would have the courage to sneak into his...penthouse?

"Yeah, I know it seems a little cliché, but just so you know, it's not the biggest one. We aren't at the top floor and I don't have some incredible roof top pool. I'm not completely cliché!" He tried to explain. My reaction to him hitting a button labels "PH" must have been too obvious.

We walked into a giant foyer that was also a living room. The whole room was several rooms. It was open and clean. Polished concrete was spread throughout the entire room. His furniture was all black, clean edges, and perfectly placed. The art on the walls were bright and colorful, totally abstract, but made the dark feeling from the concrete and furniture, feel soft and fun. The kitchen was placed around a corner, but still visible from any other point in the penthouse.

"Do you actually use that kitchen?" I laughed, assuming it was there for show.

"Actually, yes. I cook a lot." He snapped back. "Can I show you down the hall?

"Oh, sorry. Uh, how many rooms do you have here?"

"4."

To the right of the elevator was a long hallway, one side had 3 separate sliding doors and the other side was all window.

"This is my room." He said as we walked quickly by the door. He pointed at the second set of doors. "This is my brainstorm room. I need a space to think that isn't at the Holt Building. Finally, this is my office." He slid open the door that was at the end of the hallway.

It was an office. Desk centered towards the back. Shelves lining the walls. The wall behind the desk was all window. Overlooking a busy downtown. You could see the lights from US Bank Stadium. The busy music and arts district was packed. There were people everywhere. I was expecting something sinister and sterile. I was slightly disappointed.

"I thought you had 4 bedrooms?" I asked like a smart ass.

"I do. If you were just a little more patient, we would get to it without you asking silly questions." He winked at me as he scanned the shelves in his office.

Elias stopped looking over his shelves and made his way towards me. I don't know why a feeling of sudden panic and worry came over me. I don't know him, I'm in his office alone, there is no way out. I had to relax, but I couldn't move, my feet were frozen. He came closer until he was inches from me.

His hand met my lower back and he slowly slid it to the nape of my neck. His hand twisted itself into my hair and he gave it a quick tug. Forcing my chin up. I was looking right at him and he was staring right back at me. Without looking away, he pushed on the set of shelves next to him and an entire section opened. Hidden door. Classic. Without letting go of my hair, he walked me into the room. This was more what I was expecting.

The concrete floors continued into this room. The walls were covered in a rich plum wallpaper. It was perfectly lit, just barely. The room was smaller than the other ones, but still big enough to be another bedroom. In the center of the room was what looked like a kitchen island, with black leather cushions on top. There were shelves in this room as well, except there were no books on these shelves. There was coiled up rope, folded linens, rolls of tape, belts. It was all very surreal. It looked like a fantasy room from your favorite adult film, but more personal. There were racks with paddles, floggers, whips, and riding crops. Eye hooks meant for restraints were connected to a wall or a counter everywhere in the room. A massive floor mirror stood in one corner with a tufted purple chaise in front of it. Elias' hand had left my hair and I was walking around, exploring now.

"See anything you like?" He asked with his arms crossed as he leaned against the island in the middle.

I nodded. "This is nice." I said holding up a black leather collar with a metal ring attached to the front.

"Yes, it is. That would look lovely on you." He said with laughter in his voice. "Can I show you something?"

"There's more?" I asked slightly excited.

"I mean there isn't another room, but there is more in here. I meant can I show you something, ON you."

I nodded. It felt odd to have clothes on in this room, like they didn't belong. There was this overlying feeling that if I made any decision in here on my own, it would feel wrong. I wouldn't dare take my own dress off or even walk to a part of the room without him telling me to.

"Come stand in front of this mirror." He directed me, right on cue.

I stood in front of the mirror and stared at myself. Elias stood directly behind me, looking at me in the mirror as well. He moved my hair to one side, exposing my neck and shoulder. A single finger dragged the hair out of the way and moved back to my shoulder and up my neck, and over my lips.