Confessions (15)

I hadn’t reached my room yet. Selena’s coming out her room she looks at me and says.

‘What was the music?’ I bite my lip before opening my mouth to speak.

‘I got Xander to play me a song.’ The corner of her mouth turns up as the smile reaches her eyes.

‘How the hell did you do that?’ what I clearly never said is there are many things Xander stopped doing once I broke up with him. Playing the guitar is one of them; the student body knows he plays which is one of the reasons why every girl in the damn school has a crush on him. When I was a freshman he played in the talent show and won. He was able to record a few songs in a provisional studio, which could help him become a huge star. He told me he doesn’t want to be a singer and the whole reason to why he plays guitar was to pick up girls. He told me this a day after he asked me out and then joked about the fact it had finally gotten the girl he wanted. I couldn’t help, but smile at the memory. A time when life was simple a time when I let my heart control the way. I know I'm leading by my head, as my life slowly unravels.

‘Don’t know. I just asked him.’ I said shrugging. Selena’s eyebrows came together as I look at her. I gave her a sweet smile, but she didn’t buy it.

‘You know you're crap at lying.' she says. I bite my lip as I turn to face her with my back to my bedroom door.

‘What do you want to know?’

‘Delilah you know, I think of you as a sister, but this past week you, Jesse, Xander and even your brother have been acting strange. What the hell’s happening?’

‘Um...Well...You...Um’ I say as I look down on the ground. My heartbeat begins to increase and I could feel sweat leaving my body. ‘I don’t want to tell you.’  Selena looks mad and she grabs my arm and pulls me down the corridor to the room my brother was staying in. She bangs on the door and I glare at her. A minute or so later it opens and Ryan’s standing there in his boxers and an unbuttoned shirt.

‘Is there some sort of fire going on, Selena because I’m trying to sleep.’ He says and begins to rub his eyes. He’s blocking the sunlight from the window across the hall from him and looks at Selena hold on my arm. ‘So, what’s my sister done? You look like you want to kill her.’

‘Why is everyone acting like there’s this big secret and no one is telling me what it is?’ Ryan looks at me and, then said.

‘She’s your best friend just tell her. It took me two seconds to figure out she will know soon enough.’ Selena turns to face me and glares. I bit my lip and look at her through my lashes.

‘Idatedyourbrotherlastyearandhetoldmehelovedmeanditoldhimilovehimbackhedumpedmewhichiswhywealwaysfightnowandicheatedonjessewithhimandithinkistilllikehim.’

‘What?’ Selena said and her lips were pursed together.’

‘Did you understand any of that?’ she slowly nods and says.

‘You talk really fast a lot so, you like my brother. What was the first part?’