Making Peace (13)

I hear words being whispered through the air. I can feel the cold locket against my chest as I open my eyes. I muffle into the pillow and roll over to see Xander standing there. I glance at the clock and saw it read 3:36 am. I sat up in confusion. I could smell the alcohol from his body and I stare at him.

‘Why are you here?’ I whisper through the air. He sits down on the edge of the bed and looks down at his hands. I climb over the cover and sat down next to him. My arm brushes against his and he looks into my eyes. I can feel his breath against my skin. I hold his gaze and say. ‘I need to tell you something.’ He didn’t take his eyes off me.

‘Delilah you don’t need to say anything. I love you and will never ever leave you again. I'm scared. I’ve never been in love before. You put me under a spell, when I first met you. I just didn’t know what to do.’

‘I love you too.’ He leans in and brushed his lips across mine.

I woke up with a startle and I look at my clock. It read 7:48 am. I look towards the window and slid out from under my covers. I stripped my clothes off and pull on a pair of tracksuit bottoms and a tank top and hoody. I pick my phone up and I had a text from Jesse and he told me he has family stuff so, he won’t be able to come around. It was sent at six. I slid out my room and wander down the stairs. I hear the TV and I see Xander sitting there watching the big bang theory. I sit down next to him. He didn’t look at me, but's looking straight ahead.

For all I know it could have been eternity before either of us said anything.

‘So, why is your brother is suddenly so pissed at me? You promise you wouldn’t say anything.’

‘He figured it out. Same as Bella.’ I murmur back. He’s looking at me when I let my eyes go to his face. I held my breath and he says.

‘Bella,’ he raises his eyebrows. ‘Look I’m not mad, but I have one question. You never let me explain. You just thought I was a jerk straight away. You treated me as bad as I treated you for the next month. Then it dropped and you’re come-backs suck by the way.’ I bite my lip and my eyes go to the TV.

‘I’m not ready to tell you Xander. Can we try and get on? At least be friends.’ He smirk's and turns to face me and says.

‘Sure, so, I get a hug? I mean friends hug.’ I roll my eyes and wrap my arms around him. ‘How about when you are ready to say why, I’ll tell you why I left.’ I pull away and slowly nod. I kiss him on the cheek and place my head on his shoulder.

‘Don’t go drunk. You scare me when you’re drunk.’ He lets out a small chuckle.

‘I scare you when I’m drunk. That’s some handy piece of information to know.’ I hit him on the arm. ‘Hey, that’s not fair.’ I smile and stick my tongue out him. ‘I miss hanging out. Can we do that? I mean, we did that even before dating.’

‘Baby steps. Just say Ryan the only one who knows everything. Bella knows most of it. I didn’t tell Selena though.’

‘Thanks. I would be dead if you had.’