Complication (3)

'Thanks Xander.' I say to him. He nods and flashes me his oh-so perfect-smile. I bite down upon my lower lip and close the door behind me. I see a familiar car in the drive and a smile crosses my face. It's my parent's car, they work a lot and I see them a few times a week and I'm close with my parents, when they're talking to me. I run up the steps to my house; excited to see them. It's longer than the normal. It's been well over a week since I last saw them.

I open the door and walk into the living room. My mother and father are both on the couch. I am told I look like my mother I have the same blond hair and blue eyes like her. My skin and face are more of my dad's structure though. His hair is brown and so are his eyes. I hug them both and my dad kisses me on the cheek. I'm a daddy's girl and in his eyes I am his little princess. They are both very protective over me, but I think that’s due to the fact they are never around and I’d rather have that, than parents who are drunk the whole time and are always at home.

'Hey kid. Why are you so wet?' My father says pulling me into a hug. His hug is a little tight, but I don’t make a sound while he’s hugging me. As we pull apart I just give him another hug and look at him before saying.

'Xander threw me into the pool and so, yeah I'm wet.' His eyebrows furrow together and he glares at me. I smile at him and say. Xander is one of those boys my parents would like to get along with, but it never seems to have gone that way. I think if they did like him they would have paired me up with Xander by now, what they didn’t know is what happened last year and I was grateful for that. They would love to like him because of his family; they were a huge share holder in all the media companies having huge power within in the world. My father owns one, but Mr. Radcliff gave it to him and therefore as far as my parents are concerned he’s still the owner. My father also has a few shares in law firms and they thought a merge topped off by marriage would be the best thing possible. Unfortunately they didn’t like Xander and it seems to have gotten worse over the past year.  'I know what you're going to say and I know he's a complete asshole. He's just Selena's brother.'

'Okay sweetie now, before you go and dry yourself; we have something to tell you.' My mother says. I stop and turn back around before looking in-between them and frown. 'Well, you see me and your father well, we're going on holiday.' I frown even more and look at them and say.

'Yes so, you always leave me at home when you go on holiday and I already knew that, so what’s new.' My mother had been planning a trip for months and they were planning on going to Spain for a month. My mom bites her lip and then carries on saying.

'Well, we're going to be away for six months.' My mouth falls open. They often went on holiday without me, but they have never been away for more than three weeks, I don't think I've ever been away from my parents longer than a month. There jobs involve a lot of travelling and they often don’t know about going away until a few days before hand. Six months was a lot and I don’t think I could be on my own for that long. I would miss them to hell. I could feel tears coming to my eyes as I look between them. She has told me a month, well that certainly has changed 'Sweetie please doesn't cry, but you see you are only sixteen and you can't stay here by yourself. You see we got this deal and we haven’t had a non-related work holiday in a long time so took it.' I nod my head slowly biting my lip and trying not to let more tears fall down my face. She carries on talking. 'So, you will be staying with Selena. You know, I don't trust many other people. That okay.' I nod and give them a faint smile. I hug both of them and say.