Chapter 17

Hey everyone! I'm debating how to end this book, because it decides if there's a sequel or not. Beware: if there is a sequel, it'll be sad. *sob*

########################################################################

Mystogan's P.O.V.

I woke up in a dark, cold room chained to a table. Below the chains, magic-ban bracelets. I tugged on the chains, but they would be impossible to be broken without strong magic. Great, just great, what do I do now? "Glad to see your awake.", I heard Ultear from my right. I strained my neck to face her, but instead saw the half-dead form of Mariko, that sent a pang of pain through my heart. Next to her, a communication lacrima. Ultear's face peered out from the lacrima, her already hideous face distorted.

"Bitch.", I snarled, struggling against the ice-cold metal."Let Mariko go!"

"You're worrying about that wench?", She laughed,"You never learn.", She clicked her fingers, and bolts of lightning illuminated the room as they travelled down thin copper wires towards Mariko's chains. Even with magic, the amount of lightning could kill her.

"Leave her alone Ultear!"

"Oh, would you rather suffer yourself?", Ultear smirked.

"Yes.", And the bolts of lightning were quickly re-directed to copper wires near my chains.

"No!”, I looked at Mariko, and her face was full of worry. "Don't!"

"Well, what do you know? You're both willing to suffer?", Some lightning was redirected to Mariko, "That's music to my ears.", Ultear cackled as our tortured screams filled the room."I'm enjoying this!", Ultear giggled like a little girl as our skin cracked from the lightning.

My eyes met Mariko's, and I could just make out her injuries. Her once light hair was now red with blood, and there were numerous cuts on her face and arms. "Why?", I whispered, and Mariko let a tear slip.

"For you.", That was her silent reply, "It was all for you."

"You could've died.", I croaked, and Ultear looked at me, confused.

"You would've.", Mariko whispered, more tears falling onto her bloody face.

"You're both going to die anyway, so who actually gives a shit?", Ultear shrugged, and the lightning returned ten-fold. I clenched my teeth, but a small hiss still escaped. "Let it all out, sexy.", Ultear crooned, batting her eyelids. Eww.

"You're sick.", Mariko growled, her foot nudged the lacrima, which rolled off whatever bench it was on and shattered. When the glass broke, the chains disappeared, and the lightning vanished. I sat up and tried to remove the magic-ban bracelets, but it would be impossible to break them without magic. I climbed off the table and crawled over to Mariko, who was curled up in a ball near the wall.

"Mariko, come here.", I gently wrapped my arms around her, and she shuffled closer. "How did you know to do that?"

"I didn't, she was just being perverted.", I chuckled softly at her honesty, Ultear was being creepy, though. "At least we're safe.", She rested her head on my chest, the dried blood flaking off her skin.

I buried my face in her hair,"What did they do to you?"

"Nothing."

"Mariko. Tell. Me. Now."

"They. Did. Nothing."

"You're as stubborn as Lyon, tell me. I need to know."

"Fine, you overprotective bastard. They - KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!", Suddenly, Mariko slipped out of my arms and into a hole in the floor. I quickly grabbed her hand to stop her falling into the dark crevasse.