Chapter 16

JERZA! I’ll warn you now, there might be a lime in this one.

###################################################################

Erza's P.O.V.

"Hey.", I turned to see Jellal walk over next to me, his shoes clicking on the stone. I bet your wondering how I can tell the difference between him and his brother, and I’ll tell you. Mystogan’s annoying, easy as that. He’s a three-year old on a sugar high.

I smiled at him softly before turning back to the binoculars in my hand. I peered through the green of the forest to see if I could spot a certain ice mage and water mage together, but found nothing.

"They'll be fine, I bet they're together right now.", Jellal lowered the binoculars and hugged me from behind, his chest pressing against my back. I blushed as he kissed my ear, and I turned and kissed his cheek, brushing his royal blue hair out of the way.

"I know, but I'm still worried for them. What if something happened to them?", I asked, and Jellal frowned.

"Maybe we can go look for them on the ground.", He offered, and I nodded. He took my hand and led me to two waiting magic motorbikes. I quickly climbed onto one, and he climbed onto the other, and we sped out the gates.

And, sure enough, when we got there, a third bike was standing outside of the forest. Lyon. I looked at Jellal, who had the same thought I did. “Let’s go, they can’t be far.”, I made my way through the vines, with Jellal close behind me.

“Maybe this way?”, He pointed left, and I looked to see footprints, most likely Lyon’s, and I nodded, following him.

I didn't see the ditch in front of me, though, and I fell in, accidentally pulling Jellal with me, and he landed on top of me. He used his elbows to support himself so he didn't crush me, but our noses were almost touching anyway. "Oops.", I breathed, and Jellal smiled, making me blush.

“Nice, Erza.”, He kissed my forehead, and I turned a colour that would rival my own hair. “You know what? You remind me of a certain scarlet-haired maid I met when I stayed at Loke’s kingdom one year, a while back. Was that you?”, He asked.

“It was me.”, I confessed, and Jellal blushed. “What?”

“Nothing, really.”, He smiled, before trying to get up. Unfortunately, his ankle got tangled in a patch of weeds, making it impossible for him to move without dragging the dirt with him. “Crap.”

“If I could get out, I could cut them.”, I offered, and Jellal nodded. He lifted himself off of me, and I slowly wriggled underneath him towards the plants. After that long and tiring exercise, my shirt had been caught on rocks and sticks in really awkward places, I reached his ankle and slowly began to remove the weeds, cutting only when necessary. Soon all the plants were off and we could get out of here. I looked up, and only realised then how far we fell. I’m surprised we weren’t injured at all. “How do we get out?”

“I don’t know. Do you have an armor that could help?”, He stood up and brushed the remnants of the vines of his ankle.

“Then why would I ask?”

“Good point.”, Jellal shrugged as he walked up to the side and brushed the dirt with his fingers, and most of the dirt began to shake. “Shit! Run!”, He grabbed my hand and pulled me to one side just as the dirt came down on where I was standing moments ago.

“Thanks.”, I smiled, then I realised how intimate our position looked. Jellal was on top of me, and it could easily look like he pinned me down, his legs wound between mine.