Chapter 5

########################################################################

3 hours before last event (Yeah, yeah, I reversed time, so what?)

Lyon’s P.O.V.

I waited beside the gates of the palace, the sun’s tired rays reflecting on the stone. I didn’t want to go ahead with the plan, but Ishi insisted that we go to the festival, so I agreed. “Ready?”, Ishi’s voice radiated from beside me, and I turned to see the water wizard in her disguise. Her purple dress was gone, instead she was wearing jeans and a silver top, while I donned cargo pants and a black t-shirt, instead of my usual clothes.

“Ready as I’ll ever be.”, I winked, and she blushed, the red still visible in the limited sunlight. “Are you sure you want to do this, you know, after what happened with Ultear?”, She nodded, still sure of her answer.

“Let’s go before we’re caught.”, She pulled me outside just as the gates closed, the sound of metal hitting stone rang out across the city. We ran down towards the bright colours of the festival.

The Carnival Of The Roses was the biggest celebration of the year, so attending was a great treat. The food’s great, the atmosphere’s contagious, and, well, there’s another thing I’ve always wanted to try, but that’s a secret.

“You ready for the time of your life?”, Ishi’s voice broke me out of my trance, and I realised we were standing at the entrance. I could see the bright lights of the rides flashing, and could hear the faint sound of carnival music, bright and cheery.

“Bring it.”, I smirked as she pulled me into carnival life.

*****************************************TIME LAPSE!!***************************************

I looked out the window of our carriage on the Ferris Wheel, gazing at the bright, cheery festival. “Beautiful, isn’t it?”, Ishi asked, her head leaning on my shoulder. “I’m surprised nobody recognized us.”, She giggled.

“We did get a few second glances.”, I pointed out, remembering the little girl who realised who I was. She was about six, but recognized me from my face, she was so cute, her pink hair bobbing up and down as she jumped, trying to get her mother’s attention. We disappeared before her mother could turn around though.

“She was six, and anyone could say it was an overactive imagination.”

“Touche’” I looked at Ishi, and blushed. Her black hair blended into my shirt, and her face glowed slightly from the carnival lights, and her very obvious blush. Her blue eyes were open, and I quickly lost myself in them. They were the bluest blue, one that would rival the colour of the oceans.

“Lyon, what’s wrong? Why are you looking at me like that?”, Ishi looked me in the eyes, and blushed harder, making me look away.

“Nothing’s wrong.”, I said, smiling.

“Oh really? Well, if you’re not going to tell me, I’ll have to work it out of you.” Wait, what? I soon found out what she meant when she began tickling the back of my neck, oh shit. I couldn’t help it, I burst out laughing as she tickled my side, stomach and neck, her fingers soft yet deadly.

“STOP! STOP! I can’t breathe!”, I gasped, breathless. She stopped, and I leaned on the bench, realizing we had both somehow fallen onto the floor. “ I can’t believe you did that.”

“Neither do I.”, She giggled, as puffed as I was. Why was she puffed? SHE wasn’t the one who was tickled senseless, I was. “What did I do that for, anyway?” CRAFTY IDEA ALERT!