Chapter 8

Hello there! Welcome back to Fallen Angels. Recap: Gavy's canon :D

##########################################################

Mira's P.O.V.

I stretched on my bed, not bothering to get under the covers. I laid there, thinking about what happened over the course of 18 hours; Four attacks, threats from my own sister. What's the world coming to? I groaned at the thought of it all. "Mirajane? Are you ok?", I heard Freed's voice as he opened the door, slowly looking around the wood to check if I was fine.

"I'm fine.", I told him, but he didn't look convinced, as he sat down beside me and stroked my bare arm.

"Really?"

"You read me like a book.", I complained, turning to face him.

"I am a rune master. What do you expect?", He chuckled, the bed slightly shaking from his hearty laughter, and i couldn't help but smile. Being around Freed made you want to smile. His optimism is contagious.

"Good point. I'm just worried about everything, Lisanna in particular.", I sighed, "What's gotten into her?"

"I'm not sure, do you want me to check on her?", He offered, and I nodded."I'll be back.", He left, and I immediately wished he hadn't. He quickly came back, like he promised, but his face was pale, and I became worried.

"Freed?", I asked sitting up.

"Lisanna's gone.", He held out a piece of paper."And it's not for a good thing." I grabbed the paper and quickly read it, it said:

Dear Mira-nee, 

I'm sorry that I can't stay, but as long as that Aki girl is here, I don't feel welcome. She has threatened to kill me if I stay here any longer, so I did the sensible thing to do. I didn't tell you or anyone else because I was afraid you wouldn't believe me. I wish I could stay, I really do.

Your loving sister,

Lisanna xx.

Tears fell as I scanned the note again, taking it all in. Aki wouldn't do something like this, it's not like her. "Mirajane.", I looked up, and Freed's eyes mirrored the same pain I felt."What are we going to do?"

"Aki will not stay here any longer. She leaves today.", I whispered, and Freed nodded. "Tell Natsu, he needs to know before it happens.", He nodded one more time and left. When he shut the door, I burst into tears. Why was life like this, did I do something wrong?

Suddenly, Natsu burst through the door,"WHADDYA MEAN AKI CAN'T STAY!?", He yelled, storming towards me.

"Aki threatened to kill Lisanna, she can't stay here if she tries to hurt my family.", I told him, not daring to look at his onyx eyes.

"I don't care about what that paper says, Aki wouldn't do that!", He yelled.

"I'm sorry Natsu, but there's nothing to say she couldn't.", I looked up at him, and hat was a mistake, he was as torn up about this as I was, but because he was losing his beloved bodyguard.

"I can't believe this.", He turned around and stormed out of my room, slamming the door with such force that it splintered.

"He'll get over her.", Freed told me, but I shook my head.

"It's like Elfman losing Evergreen, or me losing you.", I whispered, and Freed looked at me, then I blushed, realising what I said. I had exposed my feelings for Freed that had been building up for years. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.