Chapter 13

Chapter 13- Hi traitor...

"Okay so what's the plan?" I asked. Our group sat huddled in a van three streets away from my father's house. We had arrived at the current parking space 40 minutes prior to my father's leave for work.

I stared at Oki who glanced at Zachary antsy. He shrugged and stared back.

"What?" I asked.

"We found a space, small but large enough to be a decent closet," Oki admitted.

"And?" I drug out.

"Well, it's in between two rooms. A kitchen and another room. But there is no door to it."

"Interesting we should check that out-"

"Well, we should have two teams. One going through files, and the other finding out how to access the room."

"Oki, how about you, Zachary, and Eaton find out how to get to the room. Nicholas and I will search the office."

"Fine by me," she replied.

~•~

"What the hell are you doing here?" I yelled at my half-brother. Eaton was still frozen out of shock. Oki was by my right side looking angry. Nicholas was on my left with an arm in the air holding his recently stolen gun.

-Rewinding Time-

We had arrived in my dad's house through the back door where I had picked the lock. I learned that trick from my step dad. Having an top FBI agent as a legal guardian helps.

"Okay, me and my crew lets go," said Oki in an eerily calm voice. Well, eerily for her.

Nicholas and I went straight to my dad's office. I picked that lock as well.

"Okay, search every file in that cabinet, I will search the desk."

We worked like that for an hour. Every once in a while, Zachary or Eaton would check our progress, but neither team had any luck.

"Oki, I swear if you ram your head against that fucking wall one more time, I will tie you to a chair!" Eaton yelled. I sighed and got up to check on them.

I passed Nicholas who was now searching files on the computer. It was crazy how good at spying that kid was. He made all of us where gloves. He placed everything back in its exact spot after moving it, so every thing looked the exact same way it had when we came. He was also quiet. But, We had enough noise coming from Eaton and Oki.

"Oki, have y'all had any progress?" I asked.

"No," she groaned. "Sorry, I suck at this."

I walked over to her and hugged her. "It's fine. I know your trying hard." I kissed her head and moved to check out where the room should be.

I glanced toward the supposed wall that should hold a closet. When I knocked on it, it was hollow. Odd.

"Have ya'll tried any other walls around it?"

"One is right here. One is in the pantry. One is outside. The last one is in the office."

"Let's try the office again," I suggested. We walked over to the office. "So, where should the room be?"

Oki stared at the wall and walked beside it. "Hmm.. right about here," she mumbled stopping in front of a large bookcase, the kind attached to the walls.

"I already searched it," mumbled Nicholas.

"What about behind it?" I asked. He shrugged. I motioned for Eaton and Zachary to help me.

We pulled and yanked it off the wall so there was a small sliding space. "Oki, turn on a flashlight," I instructed. She shined her phone-light into the narrow space between the wall and bookcase. She gasped. A small white door shone from the light.

"Hey, Nicholas, we found something." I yelled. He rushed over. I slid in between the wall and bookcase. I opened the door and found a small winding stair case. "Okay guys let's go."

~•~

Now

We all stood standing in the hidden level. We were now facing Cole, Mike, and Blaze, who were leaning on a metal table with documents scattered all over it.

"You," I growled.

"Zachary! I told you to keep them out of here!" Cole yelled at Zach.

I turned to Zach who was now at the door way, holding a pistol in one hand clutching his head in the other.

Eaton stared at Zachary, betrayal and shock practical dripping off is face. Oki looked mad as hell but frozen in pure anger. Nicholas, who didn't stay still for a moment, charged at him. He went over there, gave Zachary an upper cut, and stole the pistol in under 10 seconds. He held it to Zach's head.

"How could you?" he asked dripping every word in anger. Zachary stared sadly at him.

"I wanted to tell you-"

"That you work with the people that plan on kidnapping Oki?" he interrupted.

"We didn't want to kidnap Oki! Obviously, she would be kidnapped if we were!" An agrivated Cole interjected gesturing his hand towards Oki.

"What are you doing here?" I yelled as I swiveled on him. "Nicholas-" a gun flew in my hand compliments of Nick-" thanks." I cocked the gun and pointed it at Cole. "Okay, brother, explain. Now."

Cole put up his hands. "Alright.. Alright... I hired Zachary when he moved here. I planned on hiring Nicholas but after the night at the drive-in, I couldn't risk it. I... I never meant for them to capture Rai... Honestly I didn't mean-"

He was cut off by a gun shot. I had fired at his feet causing him to jump. "Stop telling me what you didn't mean to do! Tell me what you planned on doing."

Mike flinched at my voice, Blaze had backed up, but Cole stood still, not frozen or scared, just still like he was being patient with a child.

"Alright," he said, "My plan was to kill our Father. I didn't want Oki in the way or kidnapped therefor I told you to get rid of her. I had no knowledge or part in the kidnaping of Rai. I know you don't believe me, but I hate our Father. He killed my mom after she demanded a divorce. The only reason he didn't kill your mom was he had mine to fall back on. He is now my 'guardian', and I can't run away or he'll come after me. So I am going to kill him, but first Zachary demanded we get Rai back. We were coming up with a plan until you burst in"

I walked up to him and punched him in the gut. "That's for Rai." I punched him again. "That's for being a dick all these years." I punched him one last time. "And that is for not telling me you hated our Father."

He, from his doubled-over position, said," Sometimes it's better not knowing."

"Not in this circumstance," I said glancing back at Oki, who nodded,and then refocused on Cole. "First Rai is released. Then we get our father"

"We?"

"You're not the only one who hates him," I muttered coldly.