Chapter 5

Chapter 5- Son, of a criminal, say what?

One week later-

"Oh Rai, Christofer is here," my little annoying sister drug out mocking me.

It was Friday night, and I was going out with my friends.

I groaned and finished brushing my teeth. I grabbed my bag and did a quick check in the mirror.

Ok, so I don't look amazing but I'm not trying to impress anyone. I was wearing light washed ripped jean shorts and my Captain America t-shirt. I had on grey converse high tops, too. I put on my gold spiky earring hoops to top it off.

My hair actually looked nice. It's normal staticky straight look was tamed down. It was parted far in the left and actually looked like I had volume. It was slightly waved since I had it in a braid all day.

I ran out to the yellow truck and hopped in the passenger seat. Now usually, I would never let Christofer give me a ride anywhere, but we were picking up Eaton, Oki, and meeting Josh, Nicholas, and Zachary at the drive in movie theater. So, this was far from a date.

When the car started and he turned on the street, I knew we were picking up Eaton next. I spared a side glance at Christofer and saw his fingers drumming to the Avicii song.

"Thanks by the way." I said breaking the awkward silence.

"For what?" he asked confused.

"Driving us to the drive in."

"No prob." he answered nonchalantly.

The song on the radio changed and it was America by Imagine Dragons.

"Yes," I said turning it up.

I started singing it when I felt his gaze on me.

"What?" I asked.

"You like imagine dragons?" he said with disgust in his voice.

"Yeah! You don't?" I asked getting flustered and mad. He glanced at me and his eyes widened when he found out that he was offending me.

"W-Well I-I mean their alright but-"

"Alright? ALRIGHT!" I practically screamed.

Suddenly we stopped, and I knew we had made it to Eaton's house.

Eaton hopped in the back seat, took one glance at Christofer's wide eyes and my red, angry face, and said," You either insulted Michael Jackson, One Republic, or Imagine Dragons."

"You like Michael Jackson? But he's a joke! He sounded like a girl!" He tried to explain incredulously. Eaton face palmed.

"She doesn't listen to reason, dude. If you ever want her to stop hating you now, You better stop bagging her music." Eaton explained.

"Let's just go," I said crossing my arms and looked out the window. Christofer sighed.

Eventually we picked up Oki. After five minutes of being in the awkward car, she texted me.

What'd he say?- O

He insulted my music- RayRay

Can I kill him now?- O

Not yet let's let him suffer in awkward silence first- RayRay

>:) Mwhahaha-O

Eventually we arrived at the drive in. We backed into one if the spots so we could sit on the tailgate.

I hopped out of the car and glanced around. The others haven't arrived. We were seeing a double showing. First, House on Haunted Hill, one of my favorites. It's a old scary movie with Vincent Price, He's the deep scary talking voice in Michael Jackson's Thriller.