Chapter 12

Chapter 12- Heath Jones

I swear my brain will explode. We sat up for the past night trying to make a plan. Now, we are beginning our second night with out sleep, and everyone has fought so hard to stay awake. Sadly, Oki collapsed after announcing the same idea she had the yesterday.

Zachary was boiling up water on the stove, but fell asleep while making pasta sending the top of his head into the pot. No one witnessed this. So when the pot got to boiling point, he screamed bloody murder.

I. Laughed.

Zachary later fell asleep pouring his pasta in the water. Don't worry the stove was off!

Eaton fell asleep with his eyes open. He was trying to stay awake but his subconscious won. He is freaking me now. Wherever I move, his eyes stare at me.

And then there were two.....

Nicholas and I were the last of the group fighting for night two.

"Dude, if you want to fall asleep you can! You haven't had rest since the night before she was abducted," I coaxed. I was worried about the guy. He was driving himself insane trying to find her. He had already went driving around town 4 times today to try and spot the van.

"No! I don't need rest!" he persisted in an unnatural raspy voice while clutching his head. Great, now he's sleep drunk.

"Well, I think you should sit down and rest."

He swung around. "Never! Every sleepless second I will search or plan to find her!"

I shrugged and we went on searching for the next 3 hours. Then Oki woke up.

"Hello?" she asked groggily.

"Hey, Oak!" I whispered careful not to wake the others.

Wrong move.

She screamed and attacked.

"How the hell did you get in here?" she screeched holding a table lamp over my head.

"Through the door," mumbled Nicholas, who was back to normal with still no sleep, but he had a mug of black coffee in his hands. He was still writing out plans.

"Oki, you're at Zack's house. Rember?"

She thought for a moment but didn't change her position. The lamp hovered dangerously above me.

"Oh yeah!" she said remembering. Suddenly she gasped.

Bam!

The lamp crashed on my head.

"OUCH!" I yelled.

"Oki, why did you try to fracture his skull?" Nicholas asked pointedly but not gazing up from his paper.

"Was it the nickname?" mumbled Zack, who's face was still planted on the counter.

"No, I came up with a new plan."

I stopped holding my head and fully focused on Oki. Nicholas stopped writing. Eaton and Zachary actually stood up and stared at her.

"Oki, if this is about paint balling 'we need help' on the White House in an attempt to get the army on our side, we already said-" Eaton was cut off by a throw pillow.

"No! I have a new plan!" she groaned.

"What?" we all asked simultaneously.

"We break in! We go to John's biological father's house to find information of her whereabouts!"

"Oki, I have no idea where he lives."

"So! We can search through records! It's better than any plan we have so far.
We stared. Zachary and Eaton started clapping. Nicholas rolled his eyes but smiled for the first time in the past 3 days. I grinned.

"Okay, John and Eaton go scope out his house. Find out when he leaves usually and when he returns. Nicholas, Zachary, and I will find blueprints of his house and make food!"

~•~

"You think we can leave?"I asked Eaton.

"Yeah. Are we going walk the same rout home?" he asked.

"Yeah."

We cut through the park near my father's house.

As we walked through the park, I looked at all the people who were running and having fun. I was instantly jealous of their care free lives. Some of them looked familiar like they went to my school. I stopped short when I saw him.

He turned and caught my gaze. He smirked and walked over.

"Hey, John! Whats up?" he said as if nothing ever happened.

"Oh great Heath Jones is back," I muttered.

"Damn. Not you, again," Eaton groaned.

"That's no way to treat an old friend!" Heath replied.

"Ha, friend my ass!" Eaton retorted.

Something snapped inside of Heath. His face immediately became serious. Then he smirked tauntingly.

"Hey how's Rai? I miss her." he said coldly and... I don't know there was something different, almost knowing or taunting about his comment.

That was the last straw. Eaton flew at him. He shoved Heath against a tree and started beating the shit out of him. I pulled him away after he got a few good punches.

"You don't care about her! You don't know what she's been through!" he snarled at Heath. "She cried for weeks after what you did! She is the most kind and caring person on this planet! You never did or will deserve her!"

Heath laughed with no humor. "Funny. I didn't deserve her but got so close to her, and you, my friend, you deserve her more than anyone but was left in the friend zone! She choose me, so she deserved every heartbreak I gave her!"

"Shut the fuck up! She tried to help you. She got rid of your bad image so no one would judge you. She fuckin loved you!" He yelled. I grabbed Eaton as we stalked off.

"Hey!" Heath hollered, "I'll see ya soon!"

"No, I don't think so. Mess with us again and I'll put you in a hospital," I spoke over my shoulder flicking him off in the process.

All the way home, my anger rose. My father won't get away this.