Chapter 2

Chapter 2- Matching sweatpants are not cool

Whoever said "Secrets don't make friends" was dead wrong.

Before I left for school, I had breakfast with my family. Everything was quiet until..

"Mom, I am not matching you!" Grace, my younger sister, screeched. She was on her way to her first day of middle school. 'Shudders' Nope, not even gonna go there.

Middle school just so happened to be the worst three years of my life!

"MOM, I SWEAR, IF YOU DONT PUT AWAY THE MATCHING SWEAT PANTS, I'LL SCREAM!" yelled Grace.

Kyle, my older brother, Rylie, my older sister, and I burst out laughing. Dad choked on his Cheerios.

"Okay, that's my cue to wrangle in your mother," Dad said as he started through the hallway to Grace's room. Before he could knock, Grace stormed out in a blue stripe robe with her dirty-blonde hair going every which way.

She slammed a bowl of lucky charms on the table and spilt milk.

"Woah, Diva! Your pop-concert ain't till tonight." Kyle smirked putting his Chicago Bulls flat-bill over his curly dirty blonde hair.

"Don't you dare talk!" growled Grace staring up at him holding her head in her hands.

Before Kyle could threaten to lock her in a closet, again, Rylie cut him off, "Seriously Ky, You and Rai don't know what it's like to have mom on your back to match."

"Um that's because Rai is the smarter sister and doesn't buy clothes with mom, and I have style."

I rolled my eyes and smirked with Kyle. Hey I like being on his side. He always wins!

'Honk'

Rylie hopped up swishing her dark jet-black hair over her shoulder.

"That's our ride. Bye, mom and dad!" Rylie yelled as her and Kyle got up. They were riding with Ryder, one of Kyle's friends, today. I always take the bus.

"My bus is gonna be here soon," I said to Grace who nodded staring down at the table. "Good luck." I said sincerely after taking down my long thick light brown hair and throwing it over my shoulder. I ruffled her hair and grabbed my green messenger tote.

She smiled for minute and then muttered 'bye', as she dumped her milk and left over cereal in our sink.

After yelling bye to my parents, I went outside just as the bus pulled up. I hopped on expecting to find it empty like usual. For my past years of riding the bus, my house has always been the first stop. But once I passed my bus driver, Mr. Gee, I saw a hooded head with a Miami Heat flat-bill sticking out.

I started to pass the stranger. But when he looked up at me and smiled, I realized this stranger looked awfully familiar.

"Hey, what's up?" The tanned familiar face asked me.

"Nothin much," I answered sliding in the isle across from him. "How's you nose healed up?" I asked.

He winced but then smiled, "My nose is just fine. About this summer, I'm sorry by the way,-"

"No, it's fine. You were just helping your friend. It was Li's fault anyway." I sighed.

"Yeah but I shouldn't have slapped... Ocra? Opra?"

I laughed, "Oki, her name is Oki."

"Well okay, Oki is who I need to apologize to." He smiled.

"Well you'll get a chance to she's next on pick up," I smiled at him.