Chapter 3

Chapter 3-Woah there Mr. Brainiac!

Two weeks later-

'Bring' The school bell rang.

"In life science, I'll see ya," Oki told me. I laughed at the way she was phrasing her sentences.

"Kk, Now of to Spanish, you go!" I tried to mimick her phrasing. She shook her head in mock disappointment and walked off to class.

It was a new school year. Oki and I had a few classes together. I had some classes with Li and Eaton. But what occupied my mind at that moment was the fact that Zachary and Nicholas are attending NLA. My not-so-private private school.

Suddenly, as if God had read my mind, I heard Drew's little screech. Turning towards the noise, I saw Nicholas teasing a kid that I knew.

I'm not actually that fond of Drew. In fact, he annoys me so much I often want to scream. But my grandmother and his grandmother are .. like, Best friends which makes me forced to be polite to the twerp.

One of Drew's better qualities is he's smart. In fact he skipped a grade and is now in mine. But the boy is often picked on for this.

"Come on smarty pants. Jump higher! Use your precious laws of physics," Nicholas taunted him.

Even though I don't care for him, it was pitiful to see Nicholas holding the book over his head making him jump for it. He had at least afoot on the poor kid.

I walked over there, and Zachary, who was standing near by, shot me a pleading glance not to do anything.

Haha, to bad he can't stop me.

I smirked at him. Then I shot him an innocent glance. 'what?' I mouthed.

Zachary narrowed his eyes and looked away into his locker as if what I was going to do would be to painful to watch.

I strutted right up to Nicholas gently shoving Drew to the side. I plucked the book from his fingers easily and handed it to Drew.

Nicholas looked pissed for a moment but easily recovered and smirked at me.

"Can I help you, hon?" he asked.

"No but maybe this'll help your attitude," and after saying that stepped with my left foot on his right foot and took my right knee right where it hurts.

"Now, hun, maybe next time you can make a better impression." I said lightly patting his cheek.

Later in my science class, I came in late. Mrs. Patricia, my English teacher, had held my class in her classroom an extra five minutes.

Mrs Katrina just nodded as I came in with some other students.

I turned to the desks that were open: I could sit next to Drew, nah, Li, enh, Johnny, eww, or Eaton. Hmm Oki was already taken, darn!

Ok Eaton it is. At least I'm behind Oki. Mwhahaha!

Sadly sitting next to Eaton included sitting next to Nicholas.

Oki turned and smiled at me.

Nicholas smirked at me when I sat in between them. But I could sense the slight annoyance and edge in his eyes.

"I was saving the seat for someone hot but oh well." He said to me. Oki stared at him as if deciding whether or not to kill him or let me.

Eaton chuckled but stopped when he saw my eyes and Oki's.

"Sorry! I'm sorry! Don't hit me again! Please!" Eaton pleaded covering his head.

"Whimp," I heard Nicholas mumble through a smirk.