Chapter 19: (3-18-2018)

With the pack gone the territory left behind for the two leopards was a much better place to find food and because of this Neema and Mwamba didn't need to enter the pridelands for food. The two were just finished with a meal of possum when they heard paw steps approaching them. Neema's ear twitched and faced the direction of the steps.

"who is there?" Mwamba grumbles turning to look.

Soon both Jasiri and Janja pad up to them and announce their arrival. "Neema." Janja says heading directly for her. "glad to see your doing a bit better since the fight the other day."

"yes." Neema nods. "the wounds are healing nicely."

"well except that one..." Janja replies pointing at her cheek. "but if you ask me that one just gives you character."

Neema glances at Mwamba and unspoken question which he immediately understood. "it isn't that bad Neema. Janja is right it adds character. The fur will probably grow back around it so it won't be as noticeable later on. Just like the hyena bite you got as a cub."

Neema glances at her shoulder and a small frown finds its way onto her face.

"so what brings you out this way?" Mwamba questions to Janja.

"hu? Oh right!" Janja chuckles. "I nearly forgot. Listen you two. Nne returned with some news for us. Apparently the leopards from the bad lands are making a move on pride rock while the king is injuried. Nne told us he saw a scoot looking over the back of the rocks. Probably looking for a opening they can sneak into."

Mwamba growls lowly in his throat his fur prickling. "those monsters are probably going to try to take over while simba is hurt. If they gain control of pride rock they'll be able to claim a lot more turf and raise their numbers and once they do that... they'll move to the outlands."

"we can't let this happen." Neema grumbles. "it will upset the balance of the circle of life."

"then we have to do something." Mwamba nods in agreement. "what's the plan Janja?"

"I sent Mzingo to warn Simba about the leopard and to alert the lion guard to the shenanigans." Janja replies. "hopefully that will be enough to stop whatever the leopards are plotting."

"unless they meant for somebody to see them..." Neema frowns her gaze sweeping the ground. "leopards are hard to spot and are especially sneaky but they usually only come out in the night time..."

"what are you saying?" Janja questions.

"I'm saying what if the plan was to be seen and lead the lion guard off chasing their tails while they charge the front of pride rock and go directly for the king." Neema replies.

Janja's ears fold back. "that wouldn't be good... we sent the messanger that would lead the lion guard into that trap." He pauses for a moment and then grumbles at the ground. "Jasiri, we need to get the pack... everyone... and we need to go to the pridelands right away."

"alright." Jasiri nods and bolts away.

"you guys seems to be getting along well." Mwamba smirks.

"she's alright." Janja stiffens. "we'll meet you guys up by pride rock in a while. If you feel up to it."

"we'll be there." Neema replies egarly.