Chapter 11 (6-16-2017)

=if I place anything in equal signs it's a meanwhile elsewhere box.=

Janja and his goons Cheezi and Chungu are heading towards the Pridelands. Thanks to a deal between the Lion Guard and Neema the Guard has agreed that the hyena be allowed to hunt only what they need to survive from the herds that graze in the pridelands. While they ae just beginning to search for a meal a large fire erupts across the fields spreading quickly.

"Janja! What do we do?!" Cheezi yells as they run from the blaze.

"run you fur brain!" Janja yells back.

"but shouldn't we tell the lion guard about the fire!?" Chungu questions.

"The Lion Guard can figure it out on their own!" Janja yells. "they have the fire covered I'm sure."

=Meanwhile the Lion Guard is indeed already trying to fight the fire but mostly they are just running around trying to get the herds to go to pride rock where it's safer. Kion roars at some clouds to make it rain. (like Kovu's mother taught him.) Kion's sister Kiara is lost in the fire but is rescued by the outlander Kovu. =

Janja and his crew slow down once they reach the outlands and pace themselves on the way back to tell the rest of the gang they were unsuccessful. When they arrive they are immediately growled at for having caught nothing.

"you return empty handed." Nne growls. "just like you to continue to fail even after we were told we could take."

"you shut up!" Janja growls. "this time it wasn't our fault. There was a fire."

Neema pads up onto a high rock and looks down. "a fire?" in the few days since the agreement she had become the sort of leader of the Hyena pack so when she stands upon this high rock everyone listens. "what kind of fire?"

"the plains were engulfed." Janja dips his head a bit and pouts. "the fire ate everything in sight and spread rapidly. We barely escaped it alive."

"there might be injured animals then." Neema says nodding. "animals that are badly injured might not get better and that means the Lion guard will need help cleaning up what remains. Janja you come with me and we will go pay Simba a visit."

"sure." Janja nods. He follows Neema as they make their way back towards the pridelands.

As Neema passes Nne she smiles and dips her head. "you're in charge until I return. Since you know so much."

Nne can't decide if she's being sarcastic or if she is serious either way he dips his head.

Neema and Janja travel across the scorched land which was put out by the rains Kion had caused. "this was a terrible fire. I hope everyone is ok."

"yeah me too." Janja frowns. "I feel kinda bad that we cause the animals panic when we hunt... but to be honest I thought it was kinda fun to chase them... I didn't realize we were causing problems."

"you just do what comes naturally." Neema replies. "nobody can blame you for that."

When the two reach Pride rock they see many lioness tending to herd animals that have minor burns on their fur. "seems like mostly everyone is alright."

"Kion." Ono calls. "Neema is here."

Kion looks up and then smiles a little. "oh hey Neema." He leaps over a buffalo and pads over to her. "what's up?"

"heard there was a fire." Neema replies. "is everyone alright?"

"for the most part." Kion nods. "thankfully Ono saw the fire right after it started and Fuli was able to race the spread to warn the heards."