Chapter 6

After the events of the last chapter word spread like wildfire that the leopard who had befriended the lion guard was no friend of the pridelands. Somehow the word had twisted as it was passed from herd to herd. It had gone from she can't be trusted to, she can't be allowed to stay to, the herds should drive her out. Of course this information also reaches the ears of Ajabu the okapi, He doesn't believe there is  leopard.

Mzingo had told his scheme to the other vultures and asked them to be on the lookout for opportunities to poke at Neema while she was vulnerable.

Janja waits impatiently on the borders of the Outlands for Mzingo to bring him anymore news.

Kion and the Lion Guard are on the patrol when they hear a startled cry for help nearby. "Ono?" Kion says Looking for Ono.

"Kion!" Ono points towards a group of trees. "The Impala are heading right for the Hyrax Nest at the base of those Trees!"

"Fuli!" Kion looks behind him quickly. "Run over there first and see if you can stop the Impala. Ono go to the Hyrax tell them to climb the trees if they can."

"Affirmative!" Ono and Fuli dash away quickly. Kion, Beshte, and Bunga hurry after them.

Fuli slides over next to the Impala and keeps pace with them. "Hey you got to stop!"

"hu?" The head Impala glances over at Fuli and then skids to a halt. "oh lion guard thank goodness!" the Female impala whines. "HEY STOP! It's ok the lion guard is here now! They'll protect us from the Leopard."

"Leopard?" Fuli looks around. "where? I don't see one?"

Ono notices the Impala have stopped so instead of talking to the Hyrax he glides over to the Impala. "Fuli?" he questions.

"they said they saw a leopard." Fuli calls to Ono.

"a leopard really?" Ono lands on Fuli. "that can't be right? I didn't see any..."

"it's true!" The impala interrupts. "sure the leopard wasn't very big but she was angry and growling it was so scary. I thought we would die for sure."

"It can't be Neema... she wouldn't hurt a fly." Ono flies back up into the sky to check again and finds Neema lying not far away under a bush shade. "oh no..."

"What Ono?" Fuli calls up to him.

"It's Neema." Ono frowns. "isn't she supposed to be at Rafiki's?"

"yeah I thought so." Fuli and Ono go over to investigate why Neema is not where she is supposed to be.

"Neema." Ono calls as he glides down to the ground to land near the bush. "Hey Neema."

"hu?" Neema opens one eyes and then seeing Ono she stretches out and sits up. "Hey Ono. What's up?"

"Neema, why aren't you at Rafiki's?" Ono asks watching her for signs of lies.

"hu? Oh the big tree..." Neema frowns. "I'm sorry I wanted to explore a little bit but I got tired so I decided to take a nap here... I hope I haven't bothered anybody."

Fuli frowns. "and you weren't out here just now scaring the impala?"

"what!?" Neema stares at Fuli shocked. "who said I did that?!"

"the impala." Ono sighs. 'she isn't lying but the Impala wouldn't lie either. I don't understand.'

"well even if it was just a joke and you didn't mean to hurt the Impala you still can't go around scaring everyone." Kion replies joining the conversation now. "They almost squashed a nest of hyrax."