Chapter 15: (10-6-2017)

The animals all gather at Pride rock. Kion sits outside the lion's den with his mother while the guard keeps Kovu boxed in so he can't run away. Mwamba had briefly left Neema's side because he had been asked to tell Simba what he had heard in the outlands. Neema sits by Refiki and Makini near the base of pride rock.

"hey neema?" Janja pushes his way through the crowd of distracted animals. "oh gee you really did get beat up bad."

"I'm alright Janja." Neema nods.

"wow oh wow! A real live actualy hyena up all close and personal!" Makini says happily bouncing around Janja. "oh you simply must tell me everything about yourself."

"hu?" Janja mutters confused.

"Makini hasn't had a chance to meet every kind of animal just yet." Rafiki replies. "and she gets very excitable when she meets a new one. She has learned much in these past months but she still has yet to learn how to be calm."

"sorry rafiki." Makini chuckles. "I'm sure I'll learn it eventually."

"in time Makini." Rafiki chuckles.

"well in that case..." Janja takes a seat and explains how the hyena live in the outlands and that they used to be the bad guys. He gets to the part about Neema joining his pack when a loud lion roar erupts from the lion den on top of pride rock. "what was that?"

"sounds like the king has made his decision." Rafiki says.

The attention of the animals that have gathered turns to the top of pride rock where Simba steps out of the den. Kion follows close behind him while Kiara is made to stay in the den guarded by lioness. Simba steps forward towards Kovu and the guard.

"when you first came here you asked for judgement and I withheld until I had decided if you could be trusted." Simba states.

"please this is just a misunderstanding!?" Kovu begs.

"well I have reached my judgement. Banishment." Simba points to the outlands. "return to the outlands and never come back!"

Kovu protests but the animals around him begin to stomp and chant. Kovu runs.

Neema watches from next to Janja and Rafiki.

"such a shame." Rafiki murmurs. "the lions of the past had such plans for them."

"hu?" Neema heard Rafiki murmuring but when she turned to ask him what he was talking about he was already walking towards pride rock.

Mwamba returns to Neema and Janja and sighs. "well I think I've had enough excitement for one day. let's return home."

"I tend to agree." Neema nods. "we should head back."

The outlanders begin to leave but Kion stops them. "wait? Your leaving already?"

"yeah we figured we needed to get home and rest." Neema nods.

"oh well in that case I hope to see you all soon." Kion smiles lightly. "I have to stay here and talk to Kiara otherwise I would have walked back with you."

"it's ok. We understand." Neema nods. "we'll come visit again soon."

"alright." Kion nods then turns and heads back towards Pride rock.

Neema, Janja, and Mwamba begin the journey back to the outlands.

"so what was it you were talking about earlier Mwamba?" Neema asks.

"oh... ug... nothing it isn't important." Mwamba frowns with his ears back.

Janja glances at the two of them and smirks. "nothing hu?"

"it isn't any of your business Janja." Mwamba pouts.

Janja allows Neema to outpace them as they fall back a bit out of ear shot so they can talk. "you should just tell her ya know."

"tell her? tell her what?" Mwamba questions.

"tell her ya like her." Janja grins. "we all know ya do. it ain't difficult to see."

"how long have you known?" Mwamba questions.

"since about a week ago." Janja nods. "You been with us for about a week and a half. I had my suspicions but I've seen how you look at her... even how you treat her."

"the whole of the outlands knows... except for the one person who I want so desperately to tell." Mwamba sighs. "what must I do to get her to look at me the same way I look at her?"

"I don't know." Janja shrugs. "You could start by telling her I suppose."

"hey speaking of lady issues..." Mwamba smirks. "how is it going with Jasiri?"

Janja pauses then frowns. "nobody knows about that... how did you find out?"

"I'm a great stalker." Mwamba replies. "don't worry though I won't tell anybody."

"see that you don't." Janja grumbles.

"hey do you guys see that!?" Neema says pointing a little way off.

Janja and Mwamba both look and see Neema is pointing at Kiara who is out wondering around. "the princess? Weird I thought she was supposed to be back at pride rock under guard because she wanted to go with Kovu." Mwamba says.

"it isn't our business." Neema says moving along. "I'm sure Kion will catch up to her on his own."

-meanwhile-

"Ono! Do you see Kiara anywhere?" Kion calls as the guard races towards the outlands border thinking she might have gone there to meet with Kovu.

"No, I don't see her over here, but I'll keep looking." Ono calls back.

A storm begins to roll in but the rain doesn't yet come.

--else where--

"Kovu has betrayed us!" Zira growls furiously. "but no matter will just have to take the throne by force!"

The lioness all growl with renewed energy as the entire pride follows Zira back to the pride lands.

--else where--

Kiara wonders around the pridelands until she bumps into Kovu. "if we go back I can explain." Kiara begs.

Kovu shakes his head. "I don't think your father will see reason Kiara. He won't allow me back there."

"we won't know if we don't try." Kiara steps forward. The moment she does a loud clap of thunder erupts through the sky and the rain begins to fall.

Kovu frowns looking at the sky. "even the sky wants me gone." Then there is a loud roar from distance.

Kiara and Kovu both turn to the source of the roar. "what was that?" Kiara questions.

"My mother!? It was a battle cry!" Kovu steps back. "She's come for war against the pridelands... this can't be good. We should go."

"I can't leave my father." Kiara shakes her head in defiance. "come on we have to stop this."

The two rush to the battle field. (and well you know the rest.)