Chapter 14: (10-4-2017)

Neema scales a large tree and lays down on a branch level with the height of Twiga the giraffe. She lays there because though she did originally agree to the meeting it is still pretty early and as a night prowler she is use to conserving her energy during the day.

Twiga spots the leopard high in the tree and realizes that the herds had been particular hard on her when she was little, so she decides to apologize. She makes her way over to Neema. "good evening leopard." Twiga says to get her attention.

"oh good evening Twiga." Neema replies sitting up straight on the branch. "can I help you?"

"I didn't know leopards could climb up so high." Twiga replies looking at the ground then back up at Neema.

"I've gotten better at it since I have grown up." Neema replies. "when I was a cub I couldn't climb very high because I was afraid of high up places... silly I know but that is the reason I became so used to sleeping lower on trees."

"then why climb so high this time?" Twiga questions.

"well I saw this branch and I thought I would very much like to lay on it." Neema chuckles a little bit. "was that all you needed?"

"actually I came over here to apologize." Twiga sighs. "it was mostly my fault the other animals started talking about getting rid of you. it just... I saw you talking to Mzingo and well... he isn't really a very pleasant fellow."

"I understand." Neema nods. "if I was you I probably would have been skeptical of me as well. Life in the outlands has taught me something though... when I first left I was angry at the herds... angry at the lion guard for driving me out. I was upset that nobody trusted me and everyone lies to me. but after I actually sat down and thought about it I realized if I was them I probably would have done the same thing. I was shifting blame onto myself when it..."

"Neema!"

"hu?" Neema is interrupted when she hears her name being called out.

"neema?!" Mwamba calls as he dashes right past the tree she is sitting in.

"Mwamba!?" Neema says startled. Then she leaps down the tree branches until she gets to the last row then she runs after Mwamba. "hey wait I'm right here!?"

"oh there you are!" he skids to a stop so Neema can catch up. "listen I don't think I have a lot of time to explain. Have you seen Kovu or the king around here anywhere?!"

"the king..." Neema puzzles for a moment then looks around. "ug..."

Twiga also looks around having heard what they were talking about she decided to help them. "actually the king and Kovu appear to be walking a little way off over there." Twiga says looking to the left.

"oh great! Then I'm not too late!" Mwamba makes a dash for the place Twiga pointed to.

Neema follows him quickly. "you wanna tell me what this is about?"

"Kovu is a liar! He's not here to make peace or join the pride. He's here to kill Simba." Mwamba growls.

"what!?" Neema says baffled.

"yeah but he's taking too long and the outland pride is getting edgy. They are on the way here to kill Simba themselves." He growls lowly.

The two catch up to Simba and Kovu just in time to see a group of lioness jump out of the bushes and grass and surround Simba and Kovu. Simba is tossed around by the group and gets hut trying to fend them all off Kovu gets in the way and receives a nasty scar on his eye from Zira.

"we're too late!" Mwamba snarls. "I shouldn't have stopped to explain myself to Nne!" he lurches forward teeth and claws out. "you all better back off!"