TBHB Chapter 19

Chapter 19 ~ Leda

We woke up late the next morning, still tired from the day before. I looked up at Steven, who had his arms around me as he slowly woke up. I couldn’t really remember much after In-and-Out, but I knew we stayed the night at the boys house because we saw that my parents were home.

“Good morning sweetheart. Time to get up.” Steven whispered to me as he kissed my forehead.

“I don’t want to get up!” I whined to Steven, who laughed at me. I really didn’t, I think I could have stayed like this forever.

“Either you get up on your own or I’ll force you too.” He threatened. I knew we had to, since me and Jess had to get home, and I knew he didn’t want to move either. He is just way more responsible than I am.

“How the hell could you do that?” I questioned back, yawning. I was so tired, my brain still wasn’t working. And I knew my face was sunburned really badly. Oh well, Warped was so worth it.

“Like this.” The next thing I know, Steven is on top of me, tickling the hell out of me. I screamed and threw up my hands, trying to knock him off of me, but he is way stronger than I am.

“STEVEN STOP!” I screamed, and I hoped Jess and Jeremy were already awake because if they weren’t, they were now.

“Not until you get up.” He replied, trying to pin my arms down. I kept struggling, but he didn’t give in at all, and I was being tickled to death.

“PLEASE?!?” I cried out, but he shook his head. “Fine.” I announced, and he rolled off of me.

“Come on, we have poptarts in the kitchen.” Steven said as I sat up, moving my crazy hair out of my face.

“Poptarts?!? YESS!!” I screamed back with a smile. I was so easily pleased. I jumped up off the bed and jumped onto Steven’s back. “Lead me to the kitchen!” I commanded and raised my arm up for a fist pump.

“Oh you are silly.” Steven said with a sigh as he carried me out of the room.

“And that’s why you all love me!” I replied with a giggle.

I heard Jess and Jeremy giggling to themselves as we walked down the hall. They came out and joined us at the table a minute later, and the four of us got our poptarts. We sat at the table for a while even after we finished, talking about how amazing yesterday had been.

“So when is the next Eclectic show?” I questioned, trying to keep the conversations going to we wouldn’t have to leave.

“Well..” Jeremy paused, thinking about it. “We have one soon in Sacramento. Not exactly sure when.”

“I’m pretty sure its this Friday.” Steven replied, then pulled out his phone. “Oh yeah, it is this Friday, starting at seven.”

“Awesome, now we knew what we’re doing Friday night” I announced and smirked at Jess.

“Oh yeah.” She replied.

“And what would that be?” Steven asked with a smile.

“Definitely mini golf with hobos.” I answered, and all three of them stopped what they were doing and looked at me, shocked. Then we all started laughing.

“Okay, we should be getting you ladies home.” Jeremy announced, and before we could argue, we were swept up into their arms and led out the door.

“BUT I DON’T WANT TO GO!!” I screamed, but they just laughed at me.

**

I drove me and Jess home, and we were silent the whole time. Once again, we didn’t know why my parents were home, they had such an unpredictable schedule. Still, I just hoped they hadn’t heard anything about me and Steven, or even Jess and Jeremy. But if Andrew told them something again, I swear he was a dead man.

When we walked in, we found my parents no sitting at the kitchen table for us, but were instead running around the house, looking like they were packing.

“Going somewhere?” I questioned.

“A cruise and a trip to Mexico for three weeks. My boss offered it to us for half price, and well we couldn’t refuse.” My dad explained as he walked past us.

“And you have Jess with you, so you aren’t alone. And Emily and her parents are right  next door, I’m sure you two will be fine. But I’m leaving my credit card with you.” My mom continued from the other room.

I looked over at Jess, and we smiled at each other. The next three weeks of our summer just got insanely better.

My mom walked up to us, reaching past us to grab a pair of her shoes. I wasn’t sure why, but we were still in the doorway.

“How was the concert? You two got really sunburned.” My mom asked as she turned and walked away.

“It was good.” I replied with a shrug, and we left them to their packing.

We walked to our rooms, both of us yawning.

“I am so tired.” Jess complained. “I’m going to go take a nap.”

“Me too.” I replied with another yawn.

I layed down on my bed, smiling to myself as I pulled a blanket onto me. I couldn’t stop smiling, I was just so happy. This had been the best summer so far. With having Jess live with me, and being with Steven, I wasn’t sure I could be happier. And yesterday, Warped was always a good day. Seeing all my favorite bands live, it was worth the tiredness I felt now. I fell asleep almost instantly, a smile still on my face.