TBHB Chapter 16

Chapter 16 - Leda

I woke up the next morning tangled in Steven’s arms. Sure, it was a very nice way to wake up, the only problem was, I was covered in popcorn.

“How did this happen?!?” I questioned, which woke Steven up.

“Well good morning to you too sweetheart.” Steven replied, kissing my forehead.

“You’ll get use to it.” I said with a giggle, referring to the fact that I had woken him up by me screaming.

We both sat up, brushing all of the popcorn off of us.

“You have popcorn in your hair.” Steven announced, laughing at me.

“I don’t even know we had this much popcorn!” I replied, and he reached over to help get it out of hair. We sat there laughing for a couple minutes.

We found Paul and Emily on the couch, also covered in mountains of popcorn. Jess and Jeremy were in Jess’s room sound asleep, and I couldn’t help but giggle. I couldn’t wait to hear all about their date.

**

*About a week later on a Friday*

“WAKE UP!!!” I screamed into the phone.

“I’m awake baby.” Steven replied in a sleepy voice that I found extremely attractive.

“WHEN ARE YOU PICKING US UP!?!?” I asked, and I could hear everyone in the background laugh.

“We’ll be there in thirty minutes. Don’t worry, we will be there early, it doesn’t take that long to get to San Francisco. I’ll see you soon sweetheart.” Steven hung up on me then, knowing I could spend the next half an hour screaming.

Today was finally the day, WARPED TOUR!

As you can tell, I’m excited.

Jeremy decided that he would be driving the six of us down there in Andrew’s truck and Andrew, for some weird reason, agreed to go with Spencer and Spencer’s new girlfriend. Hopefully I wouldn’t have to see Andrew at all today, I still wasn’t happy with him since the whole parents incident.

But, we agreed that Jess and Emily would ride up front with Jeremy and me Steven and Paul would sit in the back. It was going to be a three hour drive, that's why we leaving at seven this morning. That also meant a three hour drive back, but to go to Warped Tour with my two best friends and all our boyfriends, it was worth it.

The boys were true to their word, and they came about thirty minutes later. I left a note for my parents, even thought they knew I was going, they just thought I was driving myself. In case they came home, we parked my car at the Band House the night before.

As we drove down, we stopped to get Starbucks, which made me even more hyper. I loved concerts, especially Warped Tour, and I always got this excited. Steven had to keep holding me down cause I would start bouncing.

We also sang a lot on the way down, taking turns plugging in each other’s ipods. It didn’t seem like three hours had passed, but finally we arrived.

JESS ~*~

I was woken up by Leda waking Steven up on the phone and laughed to myself. I decided I needed to talk to Jeremy too, we hadn’t gotten a whole lot of alone time lately.

“Hello?” He mumbled sleepily. It was so adorable!

“Did Leda wake you too?” I giggled. That seemed to be happening a lot lately.

“Nope, just you darling,” He said and I could imagine the smirk on his face. “How is my gorgeous girl this morning?”

“I’m pretty fine,” I said, trying not to yawn. Not going to lie, I had to break out the cold medicine last night and pull a Bella from Twilight so I could sleep.

“You sure?” He asked, sounding genuinely concerned.

“Yes Jeremy, I’m sure,” I laughed. “When are you coming to get us?”

“In a half hour,” He said and I groaned. “What? Looking as smoking as I do takes some work!”

“I’m sure it does Jer,” I sighed happily. I couldn’t wait to get to Warped and spend the three hour drive with Jeremy.

“I’ll see you in a bit, okay?” He said.

“Hurry up, I’m dying here!” I told him before we hung up. Leda climbed through the wall to make sure I was up.

“Come on! Move it or lose it!” She yelled and I did what she said.

I really didn’t have a choice since Leda was willing to go to such drastic measures to get something done. Emily walked over about ten minutes later and we sat around in the kitchen, waiting. I checked again to make sure that we had everything we needed and returned to my spot on the counter by the window.

“They’re here!” I shouted and bolted out the door before Leda could react. It was a rare occurrence. I jumped on Jeremy when he got out of the van.

“Miss me?” He taunted.

“Of course I did,” I whispered back. He let me down and I wasted no time in kissing him.

“Come on people! The doors open in four hours!” Leda yelled.

We all piled into the van. Paul, Steven and Leda were in the back while Emily and I sat in the front while Jeremy drove. I sat in the middle and Emily was deemed our trip DJ. And we still hadn’t left the driveway.

We ended up stopping at Starbucks before we left town since Jeremy needed to stay awake and we figured that the rest of them would probably be sleeping during the ride. Everyone was laughing and having a great time, but eventually, Paul fell asleep and yes, Steven and I drew on his face with my eyeliner.

They’d quieted down considerably in the back, probably since Steven and Leda were whispering to each other and Emily had fallen asleep. Without saying anything, I laid my head on Jeremy’s shoulder and one of his arms pulled me closer. I tried not to fall asleep on him, especially while he was driving.

“What are you thinking about?” Jeremy asked me. I pulled the sleeves of his sweater down over my hands. It was the one he’d given me last.

“Nothing actually, I’m just enjoying the moment,” I told him. He kissed my head before turning his eyes back to the road.

“Good, I’m making Steven drive on the way back,” He said with a smirk and tightened his grip on me.

I looked at the clock to see one hour left in the drive. That’s when we really went nuts, blasting the music and singing along. The drive seemed oddly short, but it must’ve just been because we were having so much fun. Jeremy parked and we all ran out to the line that hadn’t gotten too long yet.

“Ready for this?” Leda asked me.

“I was born ready,” I said before taking Jeremy’s hand with a smile.