TBHB Chapter 18

Chapter 18 ~ Jess

Jeremy and I climbed in the back and I got the window seat so Jeremy was stuck beside Paul. I curled up beside him happily and felt his arms wrap around me.

“Oh my god, you’re freezing!” Jeremy said.

“Shorts were a bad idea,” I mumbled and drug my feet up onto the seat. Jeremy just laughed at me as we sat there.

“Did you have fun today?” He asked me.

“Yeah, I’m glad you helped me sneak off so we could see some real hardcore bands,” I said with a grin.

“So THAT’S where you two were,” Steven said. “We thought you were making out or something.”

“Come on dude, I have some class!” Jeremy replied, making me laugh.

Eventually I fell asleep tucked under Jeremy. Sadly, it was short lived because both of us were woken up by Steven and Leda. We were at a fast food place.

“MILKSHAKES!” Leda screamed. I opened my eyes and heard Jeremy’s quiet snoring stop as I snuggled closer to him.

“Let’s go,” Steven said and hopped out, shaking the whole truck, and Emily and Paul by extension.

The four of us followed Leda and Steven through the front doors. I clung to Jeremy since I was still cold and it was getting closer and closer to midnight. He laughed as we stood in the line, and I ask myself why it was air conditioned of all things, and picked what we wanted. I wasn’t that hungry and neither was Jeremy so we decided to split fries and a strawberry shake. Leda got chocolate and Emily got vanilla. Jeremy got Steven to drive the rest of the way back, but how is a mystery.

As we turned the corner onto Leda’s street, we saw her parents were home. Both of us swallowed hard.

“Why don’t we just turn around and stay over tonight?” I suggested.

“Yeah, I’m too tired to deal with them tonight,” Leda said sleepily.

“Alright, I’m down,” Jeremy said with a smirk as Steven turned us around.

We dropped off Emily at Paul’s and then drove back to the band house. Jeremy and Steven told us to be quiet but Spencer was still up anyways. He had been waiting to interrogate the boys, which made me smile.

“Fine, fine, I’ll let you guys go, THIS time,” He said before going to his own room. My best guess was that Andrew was already asleep and Jeremy told me he sleeps like he’s dead.

“Come on darling,” Jeremy said before picking me up. My scream was a little quieter since this time I was half expecting it. Jeremy lent me more of his clothes and left to change himself. I crawled under his covers and tried not to fall asleep without him. I managed, just barely might I add, and let him crawl in beside me. His arms wrapped around my waist and he kissed me softly.

“Good night Jess,” He said and sighed happily.

“Good night Jeremy,” I replied and kissed him back before cuddling up to him and falling asleep.