TBHB Chapter 13

Chapter 13 ~ Jess

I screamed when Jeremy slid an arm under my legs and another behind my back to pick me up and carry me to his room. We hadn’t even gone out yet but it just felt right to be with him like this. I clung to Jeremy but luckily his room was one of the first ones. He dumped me on the bed and I immediately missed his warm arms.

“Lights out, nothing too dirty okay?” Jeremy chuckled and flicked off the lights.

He jumped onto the bed beside me. I was thankful that it wasn’t too big so we’d have to be close to each other. I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder. I felt his hands snake around to the small of my back.

“Goodnight Jess,” Jeremy whispered and I shivered at his voice. He noticed and laughed quietly.

“Goodnight Jackass,” I joked. I’d taken to calling him that, but at least he was upgraded to MY jackass.

The next morning, Jeremy woke me up by being nice for once. He was gently rubbing my back and whispering to me to get up.

“Morning gorgeous,” He said with a grin once I opened my eyes.

“Someone’s being nice this morning,” I commented.

“I’m trying!” He groaned.

“You’re doing really well,” I said and kissed his cheek.

“Come on, you have to give me more than that!” Jeremy whined. I laughed at him.

“We haven’t even gone out yet,” I pointed out.

“So you won’t properly kiss me until we’ve gone out?” He asked.

“Nope,” I said with a huge smirk. Jeremy sat up and drug me with him.

“Fine, then how about I come get you from Leda’s tonight?” He offered.

“Deal,” I said.

“Let’s go get some breakfast,” Jeremy said.

As a typical apartment full of men, all they had in the kitchen was junk food. Leda and Steven were already in there. There were only enough chairs for the boys so I sat on Jeremy. He wrapped his arms around me while we watched Spencer make toaster strudel for everyone. Just then, Andrew burst back in.

“I’m sorry I told your parents,” He said to Leda.

“You’re forgiven,” She said from Steven’s lap. It’s no wonder why she was in a good mood. Andrew took the last empty chair just  as Spencer dropped the first set of plates in front of Jeremy and I as well as Paul and Emily. I bet they slept on the couch since Paul didn’t exactly live here yet. I drew on mine with the little packet of icing and spent a fair amount of time on it.

“You’re weird,” Jeremy laughed as he watched me creating my masterpiece. It ended up just being some kind of bird. Jeremy noticed that it was the same as the tattoo on my wrist, which was quite big by the way.

“What?” I asked him.

“I’ve never gotten a good look at that, let me see,” He said and grabbed my wrist. He inspected the colorful skin carefully.

“Did that hurt?” Steven asked me.

“Not really, it was more annoying than anything,” I replied easily and Jeremy gave me my arm back so I could eat my breakfast.

Later that morning, the three of us girls had to leave. I don’t know about the other two but I didn’t want to go just yet. I hugged Jeremy tightly before turning to leave.

“I’ll pick you up at six,” He called as I walked off with Emily and Leda.

“What did he mean?” Emily asked.

“We’re going out tonight, you two are going to have to help me!” I said.

“Oh, when we’re done with you, you’re going to be the hottest girl Jeremy’s ever seen!” Leda exclaimed as we rounded the corner that hides the band house from direct view.

We hung around and I decided to teach them some of my tricks to winning at every video game.

“A lot of it is practice. I’ve been playing half these games since I can remember. AND I played them every day for hours at a time. There’s also the two factors of skill and sheer luck. But there’s a few tricks I can teach you. Like always looking around. NEVER take your hand off the right joystick.” This went on for a few hours until Leda claimed we had to start making me so pretty that Jeremy’s eyes will melt.

Emily started painting my nails while Leda started curling my hair. I myself was starting to go through everything I’d brought so I could pick the perfect outfit.

“I think I’m going to dye my hair again soon, white is getting boring,” I complained.

“What color do you want now?” Leda asked me.

“Purple, like a pretty lilac color,” I said thoughtfully.

“That’ll be nice,” Emily said, finishing up my fingers. She helped Leda with my hair and we were done in no time.

“Alright, outfit time,” I said and we moved into my room. We managed to find some cool ripped jeans in my dresser but I didn’t have any cool shirts. Leda crawled through the hole that we forgot Emily didn’t really know about. She came back with a sparkly black tank top.

“I never wear it anyways,” Leda said as she handed me the shirt. I changed and showed them.

“What about make up?” Emily said and got to work. By the end, I really did look great.

“Thanks girls!” I said before hugging them and running to the front door. Jeremy picked me up soon after and Leda and Emily were smiling like proud parents as we left, hand in hand.